JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The McKanna woman is a prime example of the total ignorance of these mush fakers. Dry-firing is sufficient to show that you can fire a weapon? That's much like Bloomburg saying all you have to do to be a farmer is dig a hole, put in some corn seeds and water it. That's all there is to being a farmer and dry-firing a weapon is all there is to knowing how to shoot a weapon. Total bunch of maroons and we get to pay the price for this bovine excreetment.

The McKanna woman is a prime example of the total ignorance of these mush fakers. Dry-firing is sufficient to show that you can fire a weapon? That's much like Bloomburg saying all you have to do to be a farmer is dig a hole, put in some corn seeds and water it. That's all there is to being a farmer and dry-firing a weapon is all there is to knowing how to shoot a weapon. Total bunch of maroons and we get to pay the price for this bovine excreetment.
Why not just point your finger and say pew pew pew? Still can't rack my head around the "lock and load" thing. Will they be providing belt feds or M1 Garands?

SAF hasn't done anything as of yet. Only OFF. This article is pretty much fake news.
Fake news, like the article below the one in the OP:

5C35D903-FCFB-413C-9E81-2F9C94871BA3.jpeg
"Pulling from extremist playbook"? GMAFB. How about:
All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.
Defund OPB.

The McKanna woman is a prime example of the total ignorance of these mush fakers. Dry-firing is sufficient to show that you can fire a weapon?
Why not just point your finger and say pew pew pew? Still can't rack my head around the "lock and load" thing. Will they be providing belt feds or M1 Garands?

Just goes to show how poorly written and ill-conceived this measure is. It is full of vagaries and subjectives that are open to interpretation. It does not state that the applicant must demonstrate competency with a firearm, only that one can fire one. Strictly speaking, all that means is that one can pull the trigger. It does not state that live ammunition must be used at any point in the training, or even that the applicant can hit a target with any frequency or degree of accuracy. All of the training requirements of the measure, as written, could be satisfied in the classroom with facsimile firearms, or yes, by dry firing.

But what type of firearm must the applicant demonstrate the ability to fire? Unspecified.

We should be grateful they didn't do a better job of drafting this PoS because it makes it easier to defeat if those doing the litigation make the right arguments.

"Lift every voice" folks are MFing buffoons.

Liz': "You could just dry fire" for "live fire" was absolutely laughable. My god, Id LOVE for these anti gun folks to be forced to endure this nonsense they have created just to see how idiotic it truly is.. they passed something there wasn't even a system in place for and they think dry firing replicated live fire.. they also think we have all these magical open ranges and businesses willing to force 2A folks into the permit scam all the while 114 robs those FFLS of business.. Jezus FC.

Seems to me a person holding a CWP has already been through a training course, that being a requirement to get a CWP in the first place.

I believe a dry fire exercise is sufficient to demonstrate you can fire a firearm. Why would it not be? How would the trigger pull be different when a firearm is loaded with live ammo vs a snap cap for example?

The Measure doesn't specifically call for live firing of a firearm.

Edit: Pulling a trigger is little different than flipping a light switch. If somebody can flip a light switch when the power is disconnected I can be 99.9999999% sure they can flip the switch when the power is live. The measure did not call for any proficiency requirements.

Last Edited:
I hope she is not in charge of parachuting or cliff diving classes. She lacks common sense. This story should have ended with the reporter saying, I walked away shaking my head having never heard something so stupid.

I believe a dry fire exercise is sufficient to demonstrate you can fire a firearm. Why would it not be? How would the trigger pull be different when a firearm is loaded with live ammo vs a snap cap for example?

The Measure doesn't specifically call for live firing of a firearm.

Edit: Pulling a trigger is little different than flipping a light switch. If somebody can flip a light switch when the power is disconnected I can be 99.9999999% sure they can flip the switch when the power is live. The measure did not call for any proficiency requirements.
The physical feedback of a flipping a light switch is in no way similar to the feedback or effect of firing a firearm. A loud bang is not the normally expected result from flipping a light switch, nor is recoil an expected result. There is no point of impact consideration when flipping a light switch. It's not even close to being in the same ballpark. I would love to see LEVO advance that argument but don't think it's going to happen. In any case, our opinions really don't matter. It'll be up to the attorneys arguing the case to say what they thought was the intent of that particular requirement.

The physical feedback of a flipping a light switch is in no way similar to the feedback or effect of firing a firearm. A loud bang is not the normally expected result from flipping a light switch, nor is recoil an expected result. There is no point of impact consideration when flipping a light switch. It's not even close to being in the same ballpark. I would love to see LEVO advance that argument but don't think it's going to happen. In any case, our opinions really don't matter. It'll be up to the attorneys arguing the case to say what they thought was the intent of that particular requirement.
I have read stories about toddlers firing guns. It would be hard to imagine an adult who can find the trigger couldn't fire one.

I have read stories about toddlers firing guns. It would be hard to imagine an adult who can find the trigger couldn't fire one.
Doesn't make much sense for us to be arguing the point because we have no idea what the authors meant. Were they thinking about firearm safety or were they only thinking of finger manipulation? We don't know and our opinion doesn't really matter anyway.

Doesn't make much sense for us to be arguing the point because we have no idea what the authors meant. Were they thinking about firearm safety or were they only thinking of finger manipulation? We don't know and our opinion doesn't really matter anyway.
I think you are spot on Pirate. They are accomplishing a couple of things here, they have successfully promoted something that has gotten us to the point of dividing us while foisting upon the people of Oregon a can of worms that will tke a long time to iron out if it ever gets ironed out. Meanwhile the will submit a "fix" bowel movement 114 measure for the next session that will further restrict our 2A rights. Keep yer powder dry and hang onto your arse.

Seems to me a person holding a CWP has already been through a training course, that being a requirement to get a CWP in the first place.
They have, but not a course that necessarily meets the listed requirements of 114.

Since there exists no course yet, it is not possible to compare an 'acceptable' course to CHL training, and there is no 'authority' that could make such a comparison.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top