JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen very little discussion on this part of this measure. It's not talked about on the televised so-called news, nothing detailed posted here and the measure itself is pretty darn vague.

Not that I give two spits about it, since I'm done buying. But I'd like to know all the details. These things have a way of getting bigger, if you know what I mean.

I've seen very little discussion on this part of this measure. It's not talked about on the televised so-called news, nothing detailed posted here and the measure itself is pretty darn vague.

Not that I give two spits about it, since I'm done buying. But I'd like to know all the details. These things have a way of getting bigger, if you know what I mean.
114 Does not specifically say it has to be kept private ,, so therefor it will be made public eventually

114 Does not specifically say it has to be kept private ,, so therefor it will be made public eventually
Your neighbors will know you have firearms as well as your employer having access, more than likely. And look forward to your name and address to be published. Plan on your heirs having your toys destroyed.

114 Absolutely creates a PUBLICALLY Searchable database ( Defacto Registry) Of any GUN or your mandated PERMIT TO PURCHSE post 114 going live! Your data can be viewed by anyone for any reason, good or bad, the state doesn't care, because it is being set up BY LEVO who have yet to set up or even define what this will look like, who will run or administrate it, and to what purpose, nor do they have any idea how to regulate access to it!

This is one of those hidden deals you really have to watch out for, likely one of the biggest reasons they pushed all this, they really WANT a registry, and this is the back door method!

People need to accept this. In Oregon, there are a very few exceptions for what can't be released. If it is not explicitly in the public records law, or another law explicitly saying it is a confidential record, it is a public record. A great example of this was back when Governor Dr. No was using his side squeeze to profit on green regulations. He and side squeeze fought it being released, and eventually the Oregonian won.
Someone WILL do a FOIA request, and eventually will get the list. For that reason I will not be on it. I think I will go the route of 80% for anything in the future.

114 Absolutely creates a PUBLICALLY Searchable database ( Defacto Registry) Of any GUN or your mandated PERMIT TO PURCHSE post 114 going live! Your data can be viewed by anyone for any reason, good or bad, the state doesn't care, because it is being set up BY LEVO who have yet to set up or even define what this will look like, who will run or administrate it, and to what purpose, nor do they have any idea how to regulate access to it!

This is one of those hidden deals you really have to watch out for, likely one of the biggest reasons they pushed all this, they really WANT a registry, and this is the back door method!
1) The ATF already has a registry (illegally maintained) if you legally bought your firearm, filled out the associated paperwork, and did a background check.

2) Everyone in California recently had their "confidential" information released publicly on "accident". They claim it was by mistake but only the dimmest of lightbulbs would believe that.

3) I have heard the database being setup in Oregon will NOT be publicly searchable, however they simply cannot be trusted. It will become public at some point, either through an illegal leak like in California or as a result of a FOIA request.

4) I'm on the fence about doing the permit process. I plan on moving out of Oregon in the next couple of years so if they do leak my info at least it won't be my current address.

I've lived in Oregon my whole life and Portland has been in continual, rapid decline for the last 10+ years. It was such a great city 20 years ago. The current city really is a garbage heap compared to what it used to be. And no, I don't think it will ever get better with one party democrat rule. The trajectory is shockingly obvious to anyone who is familiar with San Francisco and what happened to that once great city.

1) The ATF already has a registry (illegally maintained) if you legally bought your firearm, filled out the associated paperwork, and did a background check.

2) Everyone in California recently had their "confidential" information released publicly on "accident". They claim it was by mistake but only the dimmest of lightbulbs would believe that.

3) I have heard the database being setup in Oregon will NOT be publicly searchable, however they simply cannot be trusted. It will become public at some point, either through an illegal leak like in California or as a result of a FOIA request.

4) I'm on the fence about doing the permit process. I plan on moving out of Oregon in the next couple of years so if they do leak my info at least it won't be my current address.

I've lived in Oregon my whole life and Portland has been in continual, rapid decline for the last 10+ years. It was such a great city 20 years ago. The current city really is a garbage heap compared to what it used to be. And no, I don't think it will ever get better with one party democrat rule. The trajectory is shockingly obvious to anyone who is familiar with San Francisco and what happened to that once great city.
Incorrect, B.M 114 Specifically calls for a Public Searchable Registry!

Not going in to details but yes any NEW gun is tracked by taxes paid on serial number from manufacturer to end user. Now transfers (used guns) were only held for 3 years till recently making it impossible or hard to track.

I'm aware of the digitization of the 4473's. They showed their cards on a shooting and gun trace a while back.

Portland started its hell bound descent in the 80's. All of my friends had moved away by the early 90's. Most in the 80's.

So when the atf do a trace...... they first contact the mfg or importer and say "what distributor did you sell this to, then the ask the distributor the same question, then the gun dealer. Then they ask for a digital copy of the 4473. If the civillian says i dont remember the trace goes cold. If they had a registry they could bypass this lengthy process. And just do a search.

How has this changed? I'm going to sound niave but if the database existed, they wouldn't be contacting ffls to get the info

Last Edited:
Th
So when the atf do a trace...... they first contact the mfg or importer and say "what distributor did you sell this to, then the ask the distributor the same question, then the gun dealer. Then they ask for a digital copy of the 4473. If the civillian says i dont remember the trace goes cold. If they had a registry they could bypass this lengthy process. And just do a search.
There's not supposed to be a digital copy of the 4473.

Most people have been focused on what if the public gets a hold of the info. That's a very serious matter.

However, even more important long term IMO is the state now has a database they (and others) can track you on. Most likely every year they will add new restrictions and eventually things like getting a background check each year will be mandatory (if they get their way) and failure to comply on time could result in confiscation.

First they have to know where the guns are (I.e. a registry), then they can add numerous laws you must follow or you have to turn in your gun or risk confiscation. That is where all this is headed Imo.

Don't have your yearly storage inspection certificate? Turn in your guns. Don't have your license, yearly background check, firearms instructor certification?, etc etc, turn in your gun. Look at the laws in England and some other European countries right now. That's where they want this to go, with their desired result being a massive reduction of guns in the hands of private citizens.

Look at WA, right now they are considering mandatory yearly background checks for gun owners (see thread on this below).

Last Edited:
Most people have been focused on what if the public gets a hold of the info. That's a very serious matter.

However, even more important long term IMO is the state now has a database they (and others) can track you on. Most likely every year they will add new restrictions and eventually things like getting a background check each year will be mandatory (if they get their way) and failure to comply on time could result in confiscation.

First they have to know where the gun is, then they can add numerous laws you must follow or you have to turn in your gun or risk confiscation. That is where all this is headed Imo.

Look at WA, right now hey are considering mandatory yearly background checks for gun owners.
Yea agreed, which is why I'm considering leaving Oregon soon. I've had a lot of multi generation Oregon family members leave to Tennessee and Texas in the last few years. Personally I like the PNW too much to leave, so Alaska might be my only choice left.

Yea agreed, which is why I'm considering leaving Oregon soon. I've had a lot of multi generation Oregon family members leave to Tennessee and Texas in the last few years. Personally I like the PNW too much to leave, so Alaska might be my only choice left.
There's southern Oregon to consider. I am.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top