JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 1100 Remington shotgun that doesn't always feed shells properly. It will eject the spent shell but the action will close without the new round. I have cleaned the gun thoroughly and can't see anything obvious that would cause this. Anyone have any ideas for me.

if you have the mag filled and then chamber one from the mag then it will fire that shell, but wont chamber the next one. So before you load the magazine you have to put one in the chamber by hand then chamber it then load the magazine if you do it that way you will never have a problem.

if you have the mag filled and then chamber one from the mag then it will fire that shell, but wont chamber the next one. So before you load the magazine you have to put one in the chamber by hand then chamber it then load the magazine if you do it that way you will never have a problem.

Try this first if you are chambering the first round from the mag tube.

I haven't ever seen anyone do that, but it may be the reason.

First round should be dropped in the ejection port and then the bolt released.

Try this first if you are chambering the first round from the mag tube.

I haven't ever seen anyone do that, but it may be the reason.

First round should be dropped in the ejection port and then the bolt released.

So on my 1100 starting from an open chamber locked back:

- Load a round into the magazine (bolt will close on an empty chamber)
- Load another round into the magazine.
- Cycle the action by hand to load a round from magazine to chamber.

Everything cycles fine by hand. I have not pulled the trigger at all in this scenario. If I load the rounds, then while the bolt is closed on an empty chamber, pull the trigger, and cycle the action by hand, it loads and operates fine.

If I start with an empty gun, unloaded, bolt forward, hammer down, I can't load a round into the magazine because the shell stop is in the way. I MIGHT be able to, but I'll scratch the **** out of the shell and likely won't be able to get the rim over it.

So, it should be able to be loaded both ways, round in chamber or not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top