JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, this nearly sends me into an emotional breakdown -

I simply CANNOT get over wondering how this could have happened - I mean was she so far away from her father he mistook her for whatever he was hunting (the game was not mentioned) or total negligence with gun handling up close.

The guy interviewed at 1.20 said, 'Is somethin' you don' want to hear, but it is reality' was NOT what I considered to be a very 'thoughtful' remark. He made it sound like it was something 'commonplace' to happen.

I have no idea what a hunting 'lease' is but I do have some knowledge of hunting in states with little public land and from what I ascertain these hunting areas are tight-knit and not particularly far from one another.
Try reading the story. He thought he put 4 rds in the rifle. Then thought he had used two round while in the Blind. At the truck he kicked two rounds out of the rifle then pulled the trigger to drop the hammer. The rifle was laying on a seat at the time. His daughter on the other side of the truck was getting in. As the DUMB A** had not cleared the chamber or cycled the action enough times to make sure the chamber would be empty when he pulled the trigger the rifle discharged hitting his daughter.

Try reading the story.
I did.

And somehow what comes to mind is some sort of 'Huh Huh', Here, hold muh beer wahl ah' shove muh rifle in th' seat'

Hey I'll admit to occasionally laying a rifle in the back seat if I am out in the woods, driving around but only if no one is with me and I have emptied it before laying it on the seat.

I did.

And somehow what comes to mind is some sort of 'Huh Huh', Here, hold muh beer wahl ah' shove muh rifle in th' seat'

Hey I'll admit to occasionally laying a rifle in the back seat if I am out in the woods, driving around but only if no one is with me and I have emptied it before laying it on the seat.
Your hunting safety is not in question I know you you have common sense and know how to handle a firearm properly. Sadly many do not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top