JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a big fan of Aimpoint in general, and use the micro H1 and T1 on my two 11.5" guns. I use the H1 on my home defense gun and the T1 on my general purpose/do everything else carbine. With just the 2 MOA dot and a little practice, you'll be surprised how easy it can be to get hits out to 200 and beyond. Throw a magnifier on a QD mount behind it and it gets even easier.

Eotechs are solid optics as well, but I don't like the reticle, it's too busy and obsures too much of what I'm aiming at.

I know a lot of people seem to like the many different Holosun models, but I just can't get comfortable with using them for defensive purposes and I'm trying not to support China where I have other options.

AR rifle w/ 16" barrel = EoTech + 3x magnifier (QD). Co-witnessed with the Diamondback HK styled sights.
AR pistol w/ 12" barrel = EoTech + 3x magnifier (QD). Co-witnessed with the Diamondback HK styled sights.

Also have experimented with the Holosun 510C (red) on my MP5 pistol clone. It has the same reticle as the EoTech, but takes up less space. They also make the 510C in green, if your eyes see that better. My eyes see red better than green.
On the MP5, the Holosun did very very well. 25yds from a vice to sight in. 10 shot groups.
1st group on the top.
2nd group on the left.
3rd group on the right.
Height from target to impact is roughly the same as center bore to center of sight.

IMG_3195.JPG

All great recommendations. I have an Aimpoint Patrol Pro that's about to get put on my new 300BO build. My main AR, a 14.5 in 223 Wylde will get my Trijicon TA01 on a pictanny adapter.

Got to tell you, I bought the TA01 a decade and a half ago, and it's still one of the nicest optics in the safe. My retired marine armorer told me he's seen Trijicon glass go through hell and back, without an issue. "Buy once, cry once" applies here.

After @asiparks posted the Holosun I'm considering it as the top pick right now. Feature rich. I'm curious if it is as durable as others though. I've got Holosun red dots and I enjoy their features.

Not an AR but similar size to an AR pistol, I'm running an Eotech on a B&T GHM9. It is what it came with but I've got Eotech's on 2 others including a 16" AR and been happy so leaving it there isn't a problem. Plenty accurate at distances I'm looking to use it at. I just won a CZ Scorpion and haven't decided yet if I'll get another Eotech or maybe try something different. I've considered going to an LPVO on my 16" AR setup and moving that Eo to the Scorpion or maybe trying a Holosun or even that micro sized red dot Primary Arms has.

20200506_112505_copy_1501x1099 (1).jpg

Another vote for Eotech, although I've been looking at Trijicon a lot lately, mainly because I'd like to try a chevron or delta reticle.

If you think you'd ever want to go magnified, then holographic is your choice.

1 MOA dot in a holo with a 3x magnifier is still a 1 MOA dot.

2 MOA dot in a red dot with a 3x is now a 6 MOA dot. :s0155:

Here's my setup. Actually sold that magnifier and have a PA 6x coming in. I've tried em all but that one.

20180928_163517.jpg 20180928_163526.jpg

Ya. EOTech is winning the battle thus far.

I got to sell of a hanful of things and I'll likely be getting two for two defensive firearms.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top