JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
took these about 10 minutes ago... there were about 70 of them. I had trouble counting over 60 because they were all churning around.... thought about grabbing the blowgun or a slingshot. there were even more out of the frame.

IMG_4046-1.jpg
IMG_4045.jpg

one that was hearding the others in my yard was huge the beard was easily a foot and bushy... really an ugly bird up close.... could've killed'm with a rock off the porch.

Nice! We have those on our property almost every day. They've gotten so used to me that they'll walk right by me within 15 feet. Rarely does a day go by that I couldn't shoot some out of our great room window.

We also have lots of deer. I could fill my buck tag every year by shooting out a window.

I do have a self-imposed rule against shooting animals on our property though. I enjoy seeing them too much.

That oak grove in the background of your pic is perfect habitat. I believe they like to roost in oak trees. At least they do here. I've posted this before, but I took this pic out of a back window last spring. There are 3 toms if you look closely. There are lots more turkeys out of the frame.

DSC00060a-1.jpg

Here's a pic I took last year. We were developing a 1/4 acre lawn and I bought 100 yards of 20 year old sawdust from an old mill clean up site to till into the soil. Good compost. The turkeys loved to dust themselves in that stuff. There are lots more out of frame here too.

DSC00065.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads