JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The proponents of high capacity STANDARD capacity magazine [corrected due to public shaming from the term checkers ;) ] bans have for years, decades actually, argued that one of the reasons for the 10 limit is actually quite simple. When the bad guy only has 10 rounds and has to reload it gives every brass nut in the room a split second opportunity to rush the shooter and disarm them. Just like in the movies! I've heard the argument in media and politics repeatedly. I remember hearing it because it has always irked me a little.

Fast forward to our little BM 114 debacle. Now we have a federal judge implying during proceedings that if you want to effectively defend yourself there is no reason that you can't simply carry multiple 10rd mags. So you can just reload if you need more ammo while defending yourself. What was once a distinct disadvantage for arguments sake is now a viable option for self defense.

So which one is it? Mag banners used one side of the argument to push their case to the gullible public and got a law passed. Now it would seem that they are using the other side of the logic to defend the new abomination........................

So IRRITATING! Rant over.

Last Edited:
This should count for federal agents and police state wide. 10rds makes everyone safer, right?
So cops and feds should have no problems leading the way with only carrying 10rds. Lead by example, right?!
Politicians/govt officials/agents are above the law and that's wrong. The lawyers argue that laws were meant for muskets, so the law enforcement depts should be required to carry muskets.
That's the logic behind laws like this. It doesn't make any sense.

This should count for federal agents and police state wide. 10rds makes everyone safer, right?
So cops and feds should have no problems leading the way with only carrying 10rds. Lead by example, right?!
Politicians/govt officials/agents are above the law and that's wrong. The lawyers argue that laws were meant for muskets, so the law enforcement depts should be required to carry muskets.
That's the logic behind laws like this. It doesn't make any sense.
100%
Law enforcement, State Feds, security, and private security for politicians should ALL be subject to state law and limited 10 round mags. At least then they (politicians) wouldn't be blatant hypocrites, just bigots.

The proponents of high capacity magazine bans have for years, decades actually, argued that one of the reasons for the 10 limit is actually quite simple. When the bad guy only has 10 rounds and has to reload it gives every brass nut in the room a split second opportunity to rush the shooter and disarm them. Just like in the movies! I've heard the argument in media and politics repeatedly. I remember hearing it because it has always irked me a little.

Fast forward to our little BM 114 debacle. Now we have a federal judge implying during proceedings that if you want to effectively defend yourself there is no reason that you can't simply carry multiple 10rd mags. So you can just reload if you need more ammo while defending yourself. What was once a distinct disadvantage for arguments sake is now a viable option for self defense.

So which one is it? Mag banners used one side of the argument to push their case to the gullible public and got a law passed. Now it would seem that they are using the other side of the logic to defend the new abomination........................

So IRRITATING! rant over
Sadly you are trying to apply logic here. Many of the useful idiots who vote for more gun laws may really think they work. The people at the top know full well they do not and they are not supposed to work. They are only supposed to take the rights a little at a time. Every time a new law does not work they have an excuse to come back for another bite. Notice that the same people pushing new gun laws also push not locking up the criminals?

Not sure if its the only one I have heard of BUT the Oregon Museum Tavern Shooting this exact scenario is what ended the shooting. The shooter was tackled while changing magazines. Though unlike the Wiki account I remember it being said he was stepping outside and returning once having changed his magazine and it was as he came through the door he was tackled. One of the guys killed was a guy who was a year ahead of me in school He was also in my cub scout and Weblos den/pack. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Museum_Tavern_shooting

1000000202.jpg

I'm sure that you could find examples of this scenario where a shooter was tackled during a reload if one searched hard enough, but what will be far easier to find is where a shooter was stopped by another armed individual at the scene......a non-police type person.

Every time I hear someone explain the reasoning behind 10-round mag limits, I remind them of the Virginia Tech shooting where the perpetrator carried two handguns, a back-pack full of 10 and 15 round magazines, and leisurely killed 32 people between reloads.

-E-

And let me guess it's gonna be the guys job with toxic masculinity to tackle the shooter cause I'm betting it's not gonna be the purple haired transformer.

Then there's this
I've sent this video to every swinging dick legislator (state & federal) I can think of to show the fallacy of magazine capacity and not a SINGLE RESPONSE from a damn one of them. (Over 500) That tells me not a one of them cares a whit about their asinine proposal's or thoughts.
Respective of that, I have something I'd like to shove up their backside to get their attention!
Dan

The shooter was tackled while changing magazines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Museum_Tavern_shooting
I think the kid in Clackamas also had a "jam" (or something) when he was tackled. Any competent gun owner can change mags or clear a stovepipe in under 2 seconds.

The people committing these crimes are not part of the firearms community. They are criminals who happened to get their hands on a firearm.

And let me guess it's gonna be the guys job with toxic masculinity to tackle the shooter cause I'm betting it's not gonna be the purple haired transformer.
Yup. Same guy who is going to pull your Crossover out of the mud, assemble your furniture, lift a heavy box up three flights of stairs, fix your Heat Pump, and get up at night to check on a noise.

Purple Haired Transformer is going to send his 1040EZ to his mom to fill out for him and complain about how he is "too stressed" to get a drivers license. But he will readily explain to you why Jeff Bezos should pay for his housing and college.

Don't go adopting the anti-gunners language. They're going after standard capacity magazines. If it ain't drum, it ain't high capacity.
Drums can be standard capacity too. "Common use standard capacity magazines" is the term we should be using. "Common use" is the critical term for 2A. "Common use" should be used anytime we are mentioning standard capacity magazines.
B4775968-0DF3-4DB7-8E81-C353C2C4B942.png

6985B13B-62E1-4291-98C4-B76F69455C49.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top