JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can doubt all you want, we only used factory fresh ammo; no reloads or remanufactured ammo here. I didn't like removing the remaining good one out of the rental pool but the risks were far greater. The regional dealer I mentioned sealed the decision to remove them when he said its not a matter of if they will come apart, its a matter of when. That the pressures are just too much and the seams weaken over time. Not good for something in a rental pool that got a lot of use. Apparently, Sporting Systems has seen this too.
About how many rounds would you say went through it, if you can recall?

Does sig make a carry version of the P220 in 10mm... my research says no. Add that to the wish list! Although, I'd probably be better off with a full sized pistol anyway.

About how many rounds would you say went through it, if you can recall?

Does sig make a carry version of the P220 in 10mm... my research says no. Add that to the wish list! Although, I'd probably be better off with a full sized pistol anyway.
My G-29 was my first 10 MM pistol bought with carry in mind. It probably has less than 500 rounds through it. I did not find recoil too bad even with Underwood 155 or 180 grain XTP's, I could shoot it accurately even with the factory sights. I did not like the fat block feel to the grip. I have had a 40 conversion barrel in it for nearly three years, but have yet to try it using 40. Too many better 40 carry options I have fired the G-20 less, but like it better as a carry option than the 29

This happened several years ago, but as I remember, it had less than 3,000 down the tube. Glock customer service was as charming as a cobra to deal with. They gave me the option of purchasing a replacement at a discounted price or take a hike. I wish I would have kept if for a display.

You can doubt all you want, we only used factory fresh ammo; no reloads or remanufactured ammo here. I didn't like removing the remaining good one out of the rental pool but the risks were far greater. The regional dealer I mentioned sealed the decision to remove them when he said its not a matter of if they will come apart, its a matter of when. That the pressures are just too much and the seams weaken over time. Not good for something in a rental pool that got a lot of use. Apparently, Sporting Systems has seen this too.

Seen 2 firsthand, both as a result of bad reloads. Double the powder load suspected in each case. See attached pics. Glock replaced the frame and charged the customer about $130 for the repair on this one.

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

They do not. A few commander sized 1911's in 10mm are starting to show up. In my opinion, the 10 is best served in a full size frame.

Watched
I've been considering getting a G29 to replace my SP101, but I'd really like to try one first.
Might just need a bigger gun in either caliber, but a P220 fill the niche if that's the case.
I had a P220 elite in 10mm and sold it because it the slide was a bugger to rack. I have a G40 that's easy and fun to shoot and a Kimber Stainless Target 10mm that is very accurate.

The XD was a good fit in the hand for me, however the SIG felt too large to be comfortable. I'll have to look into the Glocks and XD series more.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top