JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a friend who is sort of a caveman type and would never join a forum like this and ask a question.
So I'm asking for him...
He thinks he might want a 1911 in 10mm.

I have a G20 that he has shot, so that's that's covered.
SafeFire has a Rock Island in 10mm but no Ruger or Colt.

Does anyone know of a range that has in their rental fleet a Ruger 1911 and/or Colt 1911 in 10mm ?

Watched
I've been considering getting a G29 to replace my SP101, but I'd really like to try one first.
Might just need a bigger gun in either caliber, but a P220 fill the niche if that's the case.

I don't think there is a great deal of difference in function between a RIA, Ruger, or Colt in 10 MM, might be fit and finish wise.
I do think there is a difference between a Glock, a Springfield XDM, a EAA Witness and a 1911. 10 MM makes them all feel worse than regular guns as it is a longer round and needs a grip to accommodate that.

Last Edited:
English Pit had both a G20 and G29 in the rental pool. They were removed after an incident with one and a long time regional gun dealer suggesting that that particular failure mechanism is all too common for these models and that we should reconsider renting them. It was said the Kimber (which is available for rent)and other 1911 style 10's are better options.

English Pit had both a G20 and G29 in the rental pool. They were removed after an incident with one and a long time regional gun dealer suggesting that that particular failure mechanism is all too common for these models and that we should reconsider renting them. It was said the Kimber (which is available for rent)and other 1911 style 10's are better options.
I also would like to know as I have a G-20 and 29, They are not my favorite 10's (XDM10 5.25 is and I have XDM 4.5 and EAA Witness Elite in 10MM) just in case I see something, next I shoot them.

I own a half dozen 10mm 1911s, the first Nighthawk double stack 10mm, and several 10mm revolvers. The 1911 is the perfect platform for the 10mm. We stock 20 different 10mm 1911s and they are an addiction in here.

The Glocks do not like hot loaded 10mm, we've seen those come apart as the excess case pressure blows out the base of the case and destroys the mag, frame and occasionally some flesh.

One came apart in a most catastrophic fashion even though only standard, factory ammo had ever fired through it. It was truly amazing. What was more amazing was the shooter only ended up with a minor scratch. The frame split open on both sides (imagine barbs on a fishing hook), the trigger assembly was destroyed, the magazine was blown out the bottom and the slide slammed part way open and wouldn't budge. It was a mess.

You can doubt all you want, we only used factory fresh ammo; no reloads or remanufactured ammo here. I didn't like removing the remaining good one out of the rental pool but the risks were far greater. The regional dealer I mentioned sealed the decision to remove them when he said its not a matter of if they will come apart, its a matter of when. That the pressures are just too much and the seams weaken over time. Not good for something in a rental pool that got a lot of use. Apparently, Sporting Systems has seen this too.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews