JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wow 9gr seems like alot to only get 1007fps.i need to read up on quickload there is a lot of stuff on those charts ive never seen before very interesting stuff.thanks again.

That 1007 FPS is for a 3" barrel. If you have a 10mm with a 3" barrel I'll eat my hat*.

In general you need more powder to get a light for caliber bullet moving. For example, I load 40 S&W using Longshot. To get 1000FPS with a 155gr takes 6.6gr and to get that same velocity from a 180gr takes the same 6.6gr. To me that is a sign that the 155gr not well suited to the 40, but wars have been fought over less controversial subjects. Your 10mm would need more than 6.6gr thanks to the even larger case volume driving down powder density and pressure. I realize you have 165gr, but I'm using the data I have for the 155gr as it conveys the idea.

A max load of 8.2gr of Longshot under a 180gr bullet in a 10mm is 1150 FPS with a 5" barrel according to Hornady 9th. This would certainly be a safe load a with 165gr as it would probably provide a similar velocity but at a lower pressure. To me a max load of 9gr seems reasonable, but ~1250 FPS from a 5" barrel more likely based on my Hornady 9th load data, 170gr data in my Nosler 4th, and 165gr data in my Lee 2nd.

* or a cookie

thanks for the info,i was just thinking about some of the other loads i was seeing around the web and they stating 1300fps with 10gr and 165gr,but again hsm wants there bullets under 1200fps,so i think ill start with 8gr and work up.ill play with the faster stuff when i get some fmj.the sweet spot for my 9mm 5.25in g-34 for idpa is 1050fps with the plated bullets,completely different caliber but ill try to start around the same speed.

5in:

10mm-1_zps062aca08.jpg

10mm-2_zpsb893a004.jpg

ok i finally got to shoot the new glock.so i ended up loading the 165hsm with 7.5gr wsf and 7.8 both were decently accurate, cycled flawlessly OH THATS RIGHT GLOCKS ALWAYS DO:p but all in all went bang.10 seems pretty fun.gotta get some dawson sights on it.but thanks everyone for the help.

I think you will enjoy the Dawson sights. I have them on my g20. As for the reloading of 10mm, glocktalk.com has a forum dedicated to reloading the 10mm under it's "gunclub" subforum. It's been a lot of help to me.
Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads