JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never found any plated bullet to be accurate. Since I haven't tried any in about 4 years, maybe they have improved. When I start to read about plated bullets winning Bullseye competitions, they will be worth going back to.
Note that we all have very different ideas about consistent and accurate. I judge at 25 and 50 yards (but mostly at 25 yards). Many judge at 10yds--some even closer. Many consider 5" at 25 yds to be more than accurate enough for their purposes and others only consider sub-2" at 25 yds to OK. Then there are competitive Bullseye shooters.
One thing I note in all forums is a lack of any one defining what they consider consistent or accurate.
If a gun isn't consistently under 4" at 25 yds, I get it worked on. If it is under 3" consistently at 25 yds, it is good to go, but not competitively.

I have a Glock G20c, G20T, G29, and Kimber 10mm. (Plus a SS Parker 10mm that functions great). So I sort of like the 10mm,

For serious social occasions (when I carry my Kimber), I fell in love with the DT 135 @ 1600 fps. (actual crono was 1554 from my Glock, and 1622 from my Kimber)

For reloading I have found VV N105 is the "stuff" start at 11.5 with a 180 XTP and work up toward 12.5 and find out where your comfort level is.

Many of the other powders that others mentioned above work well for range play.

Good luck

I have 4 10mm guns. I do reload a lot, and suggest Glock Talk, they have a special reloading forum for 10mm.
I have become fond of VV N105 for the 180's.
I carry the Double Tap 135 gr loads that are a no BS load @1600 fps. (verified it with my crono from my Kimber). This is only for very serious social occasions. :rolleyes:

I just got some Federal 135 gr Guard Dog bullets that I will try and load. This should be interesting. o_O
(If you don't know about the GD bullets....google it.)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top