Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

10mm loads

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Cheezit, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Cheezit

Cheezit Vancouver, WA Member

I recently ordered a Glock 20 and plan to reload for it. 200 gr. bullets really appeal to me in this cartridge as I plan to use the gun for my hunting carry pistol. One of the bullets I would like to use is Nosler's 200 gr. JHP. Any good loads or advice for going this direction with any 200 gr. bullet?

2. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

A couple things you may find yourself dealing with. Bulged cases (aka. Glock smilies,,,), Slide out running the mag spring. Mine never would run 100% on higher power reloads. :(

Some reload info here,,,

10mm Talk Forums - AR15 Armory.com

3. 2gr8dgs

2gr8dgs oregon Active Member

4. Cheezit

Thanks.

5. Cheezit

Thanks for the direction.

6. koden

koden Milwaukie, OR Member

It's been a while since I owned a 10mm (need to rectify that soon) but I liked HS-6 for both my G20 and 5" 1911's. It will run dirty until you get to the upper end of the loading though.

I never felt comfortable reloading brass that was fired out of the stock glock barrel. I used an aftermarket barrel for target shooting due to the fully supported chamber.

I never had any issues with the slide speed on hot loads. I never went over max listed loads though.