JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We love them, makes life look a bit different. Shows a healthy environment when there is balance, and having these majestic predators close by is an awesome experience! It would sure break my heart to have to kill one of these big fellas! That's why I have 6k worth of bear fencing around the home and yard!

I think it is a really good thing that we have reintroduced predators back into our wild areas - we need them, even if it means we have to compete with them when hunting. That is part of what makes the wild wild, and provides balance.

As I have said before, I am generally not afraid of predators, I rarely carry firearms when I am in my woods, even though I know there are bears, cougars, coyotes, etc. there (coyotes woke me up last night yowling) - but I do respect that they are wild creatures and that they can be dangerous when threatened. The larger ones I respect more and I understand that they can be difficult to kill if I ever have to defend myself, so I also understand that handguns are not optimum for that defense.

I carry my 329PD as a "field gun" because it is versatile. I can shoot just about any load in it, from mild to heavy. It is more powerful than most semi-auto handgun cartridges, and if I do my job it would probably work for the predators I am likely to encounter south of the arctic circle - or at least, it would work better than most handguns that are that light and that I am willing to carry. I carried a DW with a 6" heavy barrel in .44 mag when I was in Alaska and I got tired of it. The 329 I hardly notice is there and I am much more likely to strap it on than my 460V or to carry a rifle.

460 XVR FTW! If you need more than 5 shots you're kind of f^%$'d anyhow.

163460_01_lg_1.jpg
Besides, everyone knows you can kill a bear with a well placed .22 short if you are a true marksman. Shot placement is KING and doesn't waste meat.

Hey, if you are going to go play in Mr./Mrs. House why bother carrying anything??? You are the ones who are Trespassing; just sit down and ask them if they prefer Salt and/or Pepper?:p:p:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top