JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Until I can start reloading, curious what people reccomend for 200gr loads.
Buffalo bore
Underwood
Doubletap

These seem to be the most shot hot ammo in 10mm. Underwood seems to have the cheapest 200gr ammo at the moment. So just wanna feed my 10mm right :)

Any info would be great

underwood is good stuff,I won't go near Doubletap got some bad ammo from them and has treated very badly when I tried to return it.

I practice with the standard FMJ but have a mix of Underwood 200g Hardcast Flat Nose and 200gr XTP Hollowpoints in the personal defense magazines...just in case a giant bear attacks while walking over to Bimart

I practice with the standard FMJ but have a mix of Underwood 200g Hardcast Flat Nose and 200gr XTP Hollowpoints in the personal defense magazines...just in case a giant bear attacks while walking over to Bimart

This made me spit out my morning coffee I laughed so hard.

Buy the most expensive stuff so you come to the realization that you can make shoulder breakers cheaper than bulk .22 sooner.

This is what ive been told by all my LEO buddies. I am working on getting into reloading for bulk ammo. Until then id like some reliable 200gr factory made to have on hand till i know my reloading isnt going to blow my hand apart or WORSE damage my gun. I mean I can grow new fingers. XD

Im more concerned with damaging my firearm with a high pressure ammo. I.e. why I brought up this question.

Also was looking into a 21# guide rod and spring to put in this G29. curious if anyone knows if that poundage of spring wouod also be adequate for 180 grain self defense loads?

Stay out of the cor-bon stuff, and watch your pressures with the buffalo stuff, they can be pretty hot. The XTP is a good choice, fed american eagle is pretty decent for practice too. Underwood should work good for you as well. I would start reloading as soon as possible, good 10 mm stuff is still super expensive, and you can roll your own for almost the same cost as 9 mm ammo. For a great all around defense load, order up some Remington Golden Saber 180 gr and see how you like it, it's made for short barrel work.

Stay out of the cor-bon stuff, and watch your pressures with the buffalo stuff, they can be pretty hot. The XTP is a good choice, fed american eagle is pretty decent for practice too. Underwood should work good for you as well. I would start reloading as soon as possible, good 10 mm stuff is still super expensive, and you can roll your own for almost the same cost as 9 mm ammo. For a great all around defense load, order up some Remington Golden Saber 180 gr and see how you like it, it's made for short barrel work.

How does one watch their pressures? also Im assuming 180 is a good defensive round for ccw while still utilizing the 10mm? So it seems underwood is the way to go when it comes to 200gr.

also were all in the NW is 180gr good enough for any four legged predators i may have to shoo off or do i want 200gr for that

Plus if i can avoid 200 gr till im comfortable running that through my G29 while still utilizing 10mm power im down.

Can I use my stock recoil spring for 180 gr or should i still upgrade to a 21#

Plus if i can avoid 200 gr till im comfortable running that through my G29 while still utilizing 10mm power im down.

Can I use my stock recoil spring for 180 gr or should i still upgrade to a 21#
Not a Glock owner, but I would try it with the stock springs.
If I was happy with the smoothness, felt recoil and ejection pattern I'd leave it alone.
If I wanted to monkey with recoil springs, I would probably go for a non-captive system if they are available.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top