JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, here are several 10mm handguns, but only one is 1911. I really like the 10mm in the 1911 platform. My Dan Wesson RZ10 happily eats whatever I feed it. 6084D065-3511-422C-B7AB-86B602D44053.jpeg EA5A4D0F-3D2A-4ABD-BC73-68ADE7A51E55.jpeg

My two sons have mulitpule Kimbers in 9mm, 10mm amd 45acp. And I have one in 45acp.

Out of the dozen or so Kimbers only one had issues. My son sent it in to Kimber and it came back to him flawless with in a week.
Generally you get what you pay for.

With Remington having money issues I wouldn't touch a new one.

Springfield would be a good choice as well.

My oldest son shot two whitetails with his 10mm Kimber.

Last Edited:
1911s in 10mm are fantastic heavy hitters! For 1911s, I have had two current generation Colt Delta Elites and both ran perfectly with better quality range ammo like Sig FMJ but when I use Sellier & Bellot 10mm FMJ both had rare feeding issues. These can also be had with a rail. If you go with a Colt DE be warned the recoil spring guide is a "consumable" according to Colt for these new ones. Both of my DEs ate the plastic guides after about 1200-1400 rounds of mostly range ammo. That said, the clean lines of the Delta is still one of my favorite 1911s.

I also had a Dan Wesson Valor and I don't think they made/make them with light rails but it was an outstanding "eats everything just fine" 1911, just like the Wilson Combat CQB Elite in 10mm that I sold on the forum earlier this year. Both of these are about perfect for the 10mm!

For what it's worth, Non-1911s - I had a Glock 20 but it was a bit jumpy and so I went with the Glock 40 MOS Hunters and they were flawless! They eat everything just fine but probably need a barrel upgrade if you intend to run heavy hard cast lead. I'm 6'3 with XXL hands so the G40 with that beaver tail grip extension was a perfect fit for me over all the 1911s, honestly. Add a Delta Point to the G40 and you'll be very happy with the results but it's not a steel gun. Hunters are big and easy peezie to shoot but not a 1911.

Best of luck with your new 10mm...Good shooting :)

Make that 2 guys with flawless running Kimbers! As to the Compact, DON'T DO IT! A Commander is the smallest I would even consider

Roger that. I own a Dan Wesson 1911 PM7-10, and a Para P16-10mm conversion. Have a Kimber 4" Bull Barrel (like a commander, full size frame/mags) originally in 40, thought about fitting a 10mm, but opted to go 357 SIG instead, for extra umph.

There is the spendy
1911 TRP™ Handguns - Springfield Armory
Or the affordable
TAC Ultra FS - 10mm | Armscor International, Inc - Rock Island

Not long ago, I had two stainless Colt Delta Elites, then bought a Ruger SR1911 in 10mm. When I decided to down-size due to age, I let the Colts go and kept the Ruger. I didn't want the Colts to get used up and devalue. Plus I liked the adjustable sight on the Ruger. It's a very straight shooting gun, I didn't have to change the recoil spring system like I did for shooting one of the Colts. Also, the one Colt that I shot cast bullets in had a fairly tight chamber. A friend gave me a blued barrel from an early edition DE and it had a more generous chamber. So when I fired the 200 gr. cast bullets, that's what I used.

Oh, the one thing that I dislike about the Ruger 10mm SR 1911 is the take-down system. It doesn't have a barrel bushing. You have to lock the recoil rod in place with a tiny spring clip (smaller than a bend paper clip). Annoying.

I confess to having Smith & Wesson Model 610's at three different times. I'd buy one, shoot it a little, put it away and get bored with it. I'd let it go. Then when S&W would introduce the model again, I'd get another one, repeat cycle. It won't happen again. Their main attraction for me was novelty.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top