JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
what parts should I buy to make the trigger pull lighter? is it easy? any of you have an extra 1 to sell? I have seen kits at the expo shows form the 1022 lady for $40 are the good or is there better out there for the $ ? any help would be great thank you.

rimfirecentral
Do your own trigger I did mine and it's awesome.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251177 (actual thread)
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=220 (parent forum that has 10/22 diy's.)

I have polished the internals, did the sear (blah blah blah). The only thing I have not done is the JB Weld trick that's on the page. I don't have anything to coat my trigger parts with so the jb won't stick or I would have done it already.

I took my Dremel stylus and a light buffing pad and about an hours worth of my day and learned how to do it. You can do it with sand paper and a small file if you don't have a dremel.

There is one DIY that I can't seem to locate, it deals with the hammer and filing a bit of the lip off so you get a very clean break on the trigger.

I found that the trick (or key) was to do a little at a time, not to overdo anything. Check out how smooth they are, (the biggest oops is if you grind down the hammer and take too much off) You can always fix it though, but best not to get too excited at first.

rimfirecentral
Do your own trigger I did mine and it's awesome.

Trigger Group Modifications - RimfireCentral.com Forums (actual thread)
10/22 Tips & Tricks - RimfireCentral.com Forums (parent forum that has 10/22 diy's.)

I have polished the internals, did the sear (blah blah blah). The only thing I have not done is the JB Weld trick that's on the page. I don't have anything to coat my trigger parts with so the jb won't stick or I would have done it already.

I took my Dremel stylus and a light buffing pad and about an hours worth of my day and learned how to do it. You can do it with sand paper and a small file if you don't have a dremel.

There is one DIY that I can't seem to locate, it deals with the hammer and filing a bit of the lip off so you get a very clean break on the trigger.

+1 But "DO NOT" use a dermal, at least not on your first one. Do it by hand & take your time.

These are also helpful links.

How the Trigger, Sear and Disconnector work. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Stoning the Hammer - RimfireCentral.com Forums

While your in there I highly recommend doing the auto bolt release mod, Good luck.

Auto Bolt Release Picture - RimfireCentral.com Forums

+1 But "DO NOT" use a dermal, at least not on your first one. Do it by hand & take your time.

These are also helpful links.

How the Trigger, Sear and Disconnector work. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Stoning the Hammer - RimfireCentral.com Forums

While your in there I highly recommend doing the auto bolt release mod, Good luck.

Auto Bolt Release Picture - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Good call, completely forgot about the auto bolt release. That was probably the best mod I did. Sooooo much easier.

Izzy: i have ocd to a degree so using my stylus at 250rpm (or so it seems to me vs the 25k-rpm) worked well. I wouldn't recommend using anything that goes 9million miles an hour, or using as you said on your first one. Thanks for posting that link to stoning the hammer, for some reason I couldn't locate it.

Saigashooter you should also search for the bobby pin return spring mod on rimfirecentral, if you are looking for a lighter trigger pull this is the way to go. It will cost you a buck and about ten minutes of your time. RFC is a great site with tons info and tips & tricks to improve your 10/22 for cheap or free.

=1 to all of this, there are too many bs kits out there for many guns, with some basic knowledge and patience your trigger can be improved quite a bit with a minimum of tools, a fine stone and some 1500 grit paper. A drill and a tap, some 4-40 set screws and your over travel is taken care of.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top