Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

1022 long range

Reactions
Sorry to ask so many questions, but I know you all are a wealth of information.
What is the maximum range for a 16 inch barrel while still maintaining decent accuracy?
ie smaller than minute of pie plate.....

Thanks

Reactions
Sorry to ask so many questions, but I know you all are a wealth of information.
What is the maximum range for a 16 inch barrel while still maintaining decent accuracy?
ie smaller than minute of pie plate.....

Thanks
I have a 16” green mountain barrel on mine and easily get <1 moa at 100 yards. I tested several ammo types yesterday and found the Federal HV Match 40gr the most accurate. More so that Stingers, Minimags, Velociters, or Fed value pack.
7711CAAB-A40D-4759-944A-3270D302DC63.jpeg

Dyjital

Reactions
I can repeat 200y hits on a 6” plate with .22LR

Ammo has more to do with it than you’d imagine.

Now a 10/22, I’d push no more than 100y.

Aero Denezol

Reactions
100 yards is the practical limit for my 10/22 as well. 200 yards is just like spraying a hose across the yard. Some rounds hit the target, most get lost.

The only upgrade I bought was the BX trigger, which was on sale at Brownell's last summer. The improvement in accuracy is negligible.

Dyjital

Reactions
200 yards is just like spraying a hose across the yard
With a stock 10/22 yes, absolutely.

There are forum members here though who can attest to and back up my claim of accuracy at 200Y, but I don’t use a 10/22.

I had an RO challenge me on this a month or two at the range. ‘No sir, I’m not shooting AT the targets I’m SHOOTING the targets.’

Reno

Reactions
I can repeat 200y hits on a 6” plate with .22LR

Ammo has more to do with it than you’d imagine.

Same. With a $100 Primary Arms fixed 6x scope to boot. Bolt action though. Using high velocity ammo variety. So much fun too!

As for 10-22s.

Control round feed or slower round feeding is the key to 22s extended range accuracy.

You can stick the tightest chamber in a 10-22 with the most expensive Rimfire ammo and have it perform poorly due to the forceful loading of the action dinging up the ammo as it feeds. Creating sporadic results.

Reactions
I had a 10-22 rigged up nice that hit well at 220 yards with a target scope. It started to malfunction so I replaced it with a CZ 455 with the Manners stock. I have a 20 MOA rail and the same Leupold 6.5x20 scope. I need to get it broke in , only 50 down the pipe so far.

Reactions
Was plinking a bit with my Tikka T1X 22LR after some accuracy testing and velocity testing this weekend. Hits on the steel spinner at 200 yards were about 80% or so. 300 yards was down to about 50% or so hit rate, but the wind was really dancing too.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Northwest Arsenal
    4.00 star(s)
    I have been there at least a couples times. We popped in today to see if the had a PS90. They...
    • CountryGent
  • Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy. I've done multiple private transfers over several years. Knowledgeable and thorough.
    • markebrit
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've done many transfers with these guys. They know their stuff, they're very approachable and...
    • Art_Vandelay
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Maybe I'm biased since I live 5 minutes away, but Peter and his crew have always been friendly...
    • Zapata47

Staff online