Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1000rds .308/7.62x51 Plastic Training Ammunition $SOLD

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by ineptspelr, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ineptspelr

ineptspelr OR Member

SOLD SOLD SOLD!

** THIS AMMO WILL NOT CYCLE YOUR SEMI-AUTO UNLESS YOU HAVE A SPECIAL BOLT **
    ** THIS AMMO MAY NOT WORK IN OTHER RIFLES **

I am selling 1000rds of .308/7.62x51 Plastic Training Ammunition. This stuff is smurf blue plastic case and plastic bullet with non-corrosive primers. I bought this to be cheap training/shooting in my bolt action .308 Ruger Scout Rifle, but the bolt will not grab the rims well enough to extract the rounds reliably.

I have not fired a single round from the pack, but from reports that I read, felt recoil and sound should be similar to a .22lr with all of the flash of a standard .308/7.62x51. It shouldn't foul up your rifle and should have muzzle velocity of 4000+ fps with a similar point of aim and acceptable accuracy.

I am available to meet within 30 minutes of Beaverton any day before noon or any time on the weekend.

I can take detailed images if you have any questions or concerns you would like answered.

WTS: $175
    WTT: SU-16CA, Sub2000, SR22, 1894C, cz527

Photo Oct 21, 6 15 31 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 21, 6 15 12 PM.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. gearhead

gearhead NC Active Member

i'll take it. I'm currently at sea, but will be back in about 2 weeks. if you're willing to hold it until then, or ship it, let me know and we'll work out payment. thanks.

3. ineptspelr

ineptspelr OR Member

Sure. I'm not currently in a hurry here. First come, first serve.

Ammo is Sold Pending Funds (ETA 2 weeks)

4. ineptspelr

ineptspelr OR Member

This ammo is back on the market. I never heard from this potential buyer.

5. Thunderblarg

Thunderblarg Beaverton, OR Active Member

Are these safe to play airsoft with? :D

6. ineptspelr

ineptspelr OR Member

Absolutely NOT! This ammo will kill you dead at close ranges and should be considered lethal. It is a very light bullet and it looses energy quickly, but starting off at 4000fps makes it very dangerous at close range. You could probably do the physics to determine at what ranges the energy levels were down to airsoft levels, but I wouldn't reccomend it...

These are designed to be a cheap way of training and practicing with a .308 rifle.

7. ineptspelr

ineptspelr OR Member

AMMO IS SOLD.