JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
no known places in western washington for 1000 yards. you have to go central or east, on public lands.

the shooting spot in wenas off of sheep company road, you could easily do 2km if you're willing to carry targets up the hillside.

too bad it's closed to target shooting till october though.

Last Edited:
The way I've always done it is to setup targets on the road on the east side of the bowl before the lake and then drive around the bowl to the end of the road on the west side of the bowl. It's real easy to see if there's anyone coming up the road for safety reasons (at least the last time I was there, given the overgrowth). It's a little over 1200 yards or so with about 200-250 feet of drop, and you can vary that by where you place your targets along the road.

I went up there road was washed out but I think I found the spot. Not sure how to set up for 1000 yards tho. Didn't see a place to shoot from. Maybe I was in the wrong spot lol

there are places in national forest you can shoot 1000+ and you don't have to worry about range fees or hours/days of operation.

there are places in whiskey dick you could probably shoot 3km+, you just have to deal with crazy wind.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top