JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More sun and less wind, but with spring right around the corner I don't think the wind is going to slow down.

Last time I was out at the shooting area on the Selah side there was a plate up on the hill at 1000. I'm not sure if it is still there, I usually don't go down there unless it's a weekday or dawn on the weekends before all the crazies come out.

Yeah 25 mph holdovers with gusts isn't a very nice friend at a 1000. I'll see if I can search for that plate. I usually bring my own steel but it would be nice to have varying ranges to shoot.

Dawn is the only way to go for me. It always seems the most interesting since the atmospheric conditions are changing so rapidly.

1000 yard distance on public lands can be a nightmare to control while you are shooting. If the public intrudes you may have a problem if you touch one off while someone is intruding. Lot of responsibility there.

I see your concern about the public. There are a lot of open places around here (ellensburg/Yakima area) you can see for a long ways. There are a lot places where you could set up next to the road and shoot into the hillside on the other side of a draw. There are a few places where I have spent days in the hills and never saw another person. All big game and bird is out of season now, so no worries of hunters.

I see your concern about the public. There are a lot of open places around here (ellensburg/Yakima area) you can see for a long ways. There are a lot places where you could set up next to the road and shoot into the hillside on the other side of a draw. There are a few places where I have spent days in the hills and never saw another person. All big game and bird is out of season now, so no worries of hunters.

Shed hunters are about to become a concern. Then the mushroomers hit the forest floor. I also am in the Yakima area. Do the math you can figure out who I am.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
I was on that run. Lol.

Like I said I see your concern but it's also pretty open out at LT, it would be pretty easy to see someone approaching where you are shooting and see the area around your target. I've never cared for the actual shooting area on the Selah side, too crowded for my liking.

4591F551-55E3-4631-8034-2CCFAB3C1890_zpsfv2ump91.jpg

Last Edited:
I was on that run. Lol.

Like I said I see your concern but it's also pretty open out at LT, it would be pretty easy to see someone approaching where you are shooting and see the area around your target. I've never cared for the actual shooting area on the Selah side, too crowded for my liking.

I was not on the run. I know many that are on that board, and I have been a member of the wheeling community for a very long time. I work seasonally for an agency in the area.

4591F551-55E3-4631-8034-2CCFAB3C1890_zpsfv2ump91.jpg

So, just out of curiosity, how many dedicated private/public/military, controlled-access, 1000 meter/yard to 1 km/mile + ranges are in the Northwest? Who owns them?

Just curious about opportunities for shooting long range.

Thanks.

Semper Fi, Tony T

Tri city Shooting Association has a 1000 yard range. They had a match last weekend and have another in a month.
Cossa in Bend (Oregon) is 1000 yards. I haven't been there.

Douglas Ridge East of Portland is 1000.

I'm pretty sure there are more out east.

Hi

I am going to be in the Yakima area this coming weekend.

Where exactly is this spot in LT Murray that has long range shooting?

I'm sort of familiar with Manastash Ridge and the canyon between Ellensberg and Yakima but it has been a few years since I was down there.

Thanks for the help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads