JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a 1000 I'd expect 2 rifle builds that will work just fine.
I tend to agree, depending on the deals you could get or wait for sales to gather good parts.

I've put together 9-10 rifles, shot quite a bit over past 15 years, taken classes and used to do 3G somewhat regularly. I've had ammo problems 3-4 times and don't recall any other failures. Early on in reloading .223 I found at 2 matches that small base sizing dies were a good idea for ARs, & had a case head separation once about 10 yrs ago. I guess I did have a firing pin tip break once, which caused pieced primers and sent me on a wild goose chase about powder charge until I took down the BCG and figured it out. l also had a primer get loose in the lower once and bounce around. That caused intermittent trigger group problems and gave me fits until I found the blackened, gnarly little bastard. Oh, and I fire formed a .300 BLK thru a .223 bore and built my 6th gun on the remaining parts…oops.

I tend to agree, depending on the deals you could get or wait for sales to gather good parts.

I've put together 9-10 rifles, shot quite a bit over past 15 years, taken classes and used to do 3G somewhat regularly. I've had ammo problems 3-4 times and don't recall any other failures. Early on in reloading .223 I found at 2 matches that small base sizing dies were a good idea for ARs, & had a case head separation once about 10 yrs ago. I guess I did have a firing pin tip break once, which caused pieced primers and sent me on a wild goose chase about powder charge until I took down the BCG and figured it out. l also had a primer get loose in the lower once and bounce around. That caused intermittent trigger group problems and gave me fits until I found the blackened, gnarly little bastard. Oh, and I fire formed a .300 BLK thru a .223 bore and built my 6th gun on the remaining parts…oops.
Nearly got the leftover parts also after several builds. I have everything but some of the upper assembly. The stock is coyote though, so one of these days I'm going drag everything out and see how the colors match. I may have a tan or coyote handgrip but definitely not the forend. I don't even know what I want to build this time. I've got one of everything I wanted.

The stock is coyote though, so one of these days I'm going drag everything out and see how the colors match. I may have a tan or coyote handgrip but definitely not the forend...
I've made several with mix n match colors based on what parts were available, I call it Calico Camo or Macro-Cam. A black rifle is a good candidate for the spray-paint can.

A black rifle is a good candidate for the spray-paint can.
I agree.
Mine has a three color spray job. The finish isn't as durable as other, more expensive options, but I don't feel the need to protect it.
This pic is when it was new. It's not as nice now, but it hides it's use well. I want to get that can adapter/brake off of it. That brake makes it obnoxious.

InkedAero pistol_LI.jpg

I agree.
Mine has a three color spray job. The finish isn't as durable as other, more expensive options, but I don't feel the need to protect it.
This pic is when it was new. It's not as nice now, but it hides it's use well. I want to get that can adapter/brake off of it. That brake makes it obnoxious.

View attachment 1081648
Agree with the brake - IMO 5.56 doesn't need it. Looks like Surefire, maybe go with their ringless three prong flash hider instead?

I agree.

View attachment 1081648
That would be a good candidate for a linear compensator. They direct the concussion forward. It makes the shooting experience much more pleasant.

Up to $1000 and it's just a basic rifle with a FF handguard.

May as well cough up $1500 for something like the FN FN15 TAC3 that will have the features that I would want with a CHF, chrome lined barrel.

Easy enough to assemble one these days though.

I'm debating on getting the FN or just get another complete upper and use the spare lower I have.
Primary Arms has Midwest Industries uppers for $550 that looks to be a good start.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top