JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a 1000 I'd expect 2 rifle builds that will work just fine.
I tend to agree, depending on the deals you could get or wait for sales to gather good parts.

I've put together 9-10 rifles, shot quite a bit over past 15 years, taken classes and used to do 3G somewhat regularly. I've had ammo problems 3-4 times and don't recall any other failures. Early on in reloading .223 I found at 2 matches that small base sizing dies were a good idea for ARs, & had a case head separation once about 10 yrs ago. I guess I did have a firing pin tip break once, which caused pieced primers and sent me on a wild goose chase about powder charge until I took down the BCG and figured it out. l also had a primer get loose in the lower once and bounce around. That caused intermittent trigger group problems and gave me fits until I found the blackened, gnarly little bastard. Oh, and I fire formed a .300 BLK thru a .223 bore and built my 6th gun on the remaining parts…oops.

I tend to agree, depending on the deals you could get or wait for sales to gather good parts.

I've put together 9-10 rifles, shot quite a bit over past 15 years, taken classes and used to do 3G somewhat regularly. I've had ammo problems 3-4 times and don't recall any other failures. Early on in reloading .223 I found at 2 matches that small base sizing dies were a good idea for ARs, & had a case head separation once about 10 yrs ago. I guess I did have a firing pin tip break once, which caused pieced primers and sent me on a wild goose chase about powder charge until I took down the BCG and figured it out. l also had a primer get loose in the lower once and bounce around. That caused intermittent trigger group problems and gave me fits until I found the blackened, gnarly little bastard. Oh, and I fire formed a .300 BLK thru a .223 bore and built my 6th gun on the remaining parts…oops.
Nearly got the leftover parts also after several builds. I have everything but some of the upper assembly. The stock is coyote though, so one of these days I'm going drag everything out and see how the colors match. I may have a tan or coyote handgrip but definitely not the forend. I don't even know what I want to build this time. I've got one of everything I wanted.

The stock is coyote though, so one of these days I'm going drag everything out and see how the colors match. I may have a tan or coyote handgrip but definitely not the forend...
I've made several with mix n match colors based on what parts were available, I call it Calico Camo or Macro-Cam. A black rifle is a good candidate for the spray-paint can.

A black rifle is a good candidate for the spray-paint can.
I agree.
Mine has a three color spray job. The finish isn't as durable as other, more expensive options, but I don't feel the need to protect it.
This pic is when it was new. It's not as nice now, but it hides it's use well. I want to get that can adapter/brake off of it. That brake makes it obnoxious.

InkedAero pistol_LI.jpg

I agree.
Mine has a three color spray job. The finish isn't as durable as other, more expensive options, but I don't feel the need to protect it.
This pic is when it was new. It's not as nice now, but it hides it's use well. I want to get that can adapter/brake off of it. That brake makes it obnoxious.

View attachment 1081648
Agree with the brake - IMO 5.56 doesn't need it. Looks like Surefire, maybe go with their ringless three prong flash hider instead?

I agree.

View attachment 1081648
That would be a good candidate for a linear compensator. They direct the concussion forward. It makes the shooting experience much more pleasant.

Up to $1000 and it's just a basic rifle with a FF handguard.

May as well cough up $1500 for something like the FN FN15 TAC3 that will have the features that I would want with a CHF, chrome lined barrel.

Easy enough to assemble one these days though.

I'm debating on getting the FN or just get another complete upper and use the spare lower I have.
Primary Arms has Midwest Industries uppers for $550 that looks to be a good start.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top