Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1000 Large Pistol Magnum Primers, CCI 350

Discussion in 'Reloading Classifieds' started by lad0613, Jan 6, 2013.

1. lad0613

lad0613 Auburn, WA New Member

sold

2. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

why trade mags for standard large pistol? You can use the mags in loads that call for standard, just not the other way around.

I use the mags all the time in standard pistol and even use mags in the 223 small rifle that call for regular primers. You will never know the difference with mag primers. They spark the powder a little hotter hence the mag, but i'm telling you its fine, they are safe, and will cause no issues.

I actually like that not many know or do this, when the shelves clear out they always clear out of regular primers, the mags are left behind for myself and others to clear out.

3. lcb97269

lcb97269 Milwaukie, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Ditto that

4. hoosierdome

hoosierdome Kent, WA New Member

Substituting a magnum primer into a reload calling for a standard primer will increase the pressure of that load.

5. lcb97269

lcb97269 Milwaukie, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Hoosier, no one said they transfer straight across, but the difference is minimal and lowering a load .1-.2 grains will more than offset any magnum primer in any cartridge. Seems most everyone with a decade or 4 of experience knows that.

6. hoosierdome

hoosierdome Kent, WA New Member

Sorry about the input, will not happen again. I didn’t realize everyone on the form had decades of experience. Guess know one new to reloading views this form.