JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't trust the monkeys that Century employs to put anything together, and if this AK is put together by them, and not just licensed or the Century name stamped on it, I doubt I'll trust their quality control, either.

I don't trust the monkeys that Century employs to put anything together, and if this AK is put together by them, and not just licensed or the Century name stamped on it, I doubt I'll trust their quality control, either.
Agreed.

I have a Century Golani and it is the only AK that I have ever owned or shot that didn't function correctly - about once every 50 rounds it leaves a spent casing in the chamber. You can see the mark on the rim where the extractor tried to extract it but failed. The bolt goes back and picks up the next round and of course it then jams.

I am pretty sure the extractor is fine - the spring is very strong and it grabs the rim fine. But I think either the gas port is too large and therefore the bolt goes back before it should or too fast/hard, and/or the chamber is under/oversized and the case sticks at the wrong time. Since the case comes out easily with my fingers and all other rounds fire fine, I think it is the gas port.

I have heard so much about the crap that Century makes, their QA/QC being hit and miss, I won't ever buy any Century firearms again.

century20monkey1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top