Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

100 or 600 serier hunts

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Pirelli, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Pirelli

Pirelli Oregon City Member

I am trying my best to get thru the big game regs, and I want to get my general season rifle tags for hunting the Santium and Willamette Units. The units are in the 600 series portion of the regs, but at the top left corner there is a application deadline date.

I just want go get my general season tag to hunt coastal. The season does not start until 10/19, i just want to make sure i can still buy my tag and hunt legally?

thanks for the help.

2. 86k5krawler

86k5krawler newberg,or New Member

no sweat, head to your nearest point of sale for tags. and purchase a general rifle tag over the counter before the hunt date.

3. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

The 600 deadline for applying was back in may. That's the willamette tag. Takes about 3 years to draw that.

gallogiro and (deleted member) like this.
  4. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

let me fix that.. "It used to take about 3 years to draw that."

For a while it seemed like it was every other year, I currently have 3 points (which reminds me, ODFW website says I only have 2, I need to call them).

5. EM60

EM60 Sandy Member

Good luck dealing with the Oregon Department of Failure and Waste (ODFW).

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

The Santiam and the Willamette are in the "western general hunt". The 600 series (antlerless raffle hunts) for the Willamette is the 615 hunt and is mostly private land.

7. Stoneage

Stoneage Portland, Oregon Member

I put in for the 600 series willamette unit for the first time this season with 1 point and didnt pull it. didnt get first choice and have 4 elk preference points :/

8. lcb97269

lcb97269 Milwaukie, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter

I haven't ever drawn a doe tag and have a bunch of points for one. I think ODFW is making a lot of money on a hoax drawing.

9. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

I've got 3 points and I didn't draw this year. Another guy I know had 1 point and drew. And he drew last year. Some guys have all the luck!