JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are still in business because people actually pay the $100, looks like you did as well.
I think they will get the desperate and the unaware (until it is too late) and they will lose customers and certainly repeat customers. Whatever profit they make by scalping, whatever convenience they make for themselves by discouraging transfers, won't make up for the loss of business later when word gets around.

There are still gun owners who won't buy S&W and/or Ruger because of their past actions that pissed them off. With a small local business, this kind of behavior will impact them more than a large national corporation.

Well hopefully those others aren't such jerks.
I remembered a couple others while in the shower ! However I have NOT been in a LGS in a LONG time, and even when I was in Bend daily (and buying/selling/trading more frequently - pre SB 941) I typically only dealt with one PS - Cash Connection - as I had dealt with them for many years and they were always fair and had good selection of quality guns and accessories as well.

Yep, you read the subject right.

Hammer Down in Bend on 3rd St..
If you are willing to drive to Madras Stay Center firearms was doing them for $25 as of last week. Good guys and not much of a line compared to shops in the bigger cities. Might call and confirm with them before the drive.

It's interesting that this site is largely made of pro business capitalists right until they get capitalized on

I'd charge $200 to deal with some of you whiny bubblegumers.

The high transfer fee is the point - they don't WANT to do them, but if you're still not going to shop around, they might as well make it worth their time.

$100 bucks to transfer in Bend[/H1

Just wait until ALL of the FFLs within a 50-100 mile radius conspire to charge the same price.

Aloha, Mark

1672855386761.png

I really want to see NICS become public access. No longer any need to engage an FFL for a (legal) private transfer. No need for gun shops to even run one - run it on yourself before shopping and just show the proof to the shop.

Democratization of power? Sure would be nice…
Really? Public access to PRIVATE information? I understand the concept and it sounds great on the surface but my privacy over rides convenience. And that assumes I support having to prove I am innocent vs. "innocent until proven guilty."

P.S. Did you see where CA is making it easier for felons to hide their criminal records? If this continues, NICS will be a bigger joke than it is today IMHO. I'd rather they actually FIX the system.

Last Edited:
It's interesting that this site is largely made of pro business capitalists right until they get capitalized on
In capitalism the market decides what is best. If we don't like to spend our $ with scalpers, and would rather spend it with those who won't take advantage of us, then that is capitalism at work. Why would you spend $100 for something you can buy for half that?

$100 fees is not unheard of in very restrictive states. Be soon, we will be there if any of this sticks. Mostly because FFL's will not survive without charging more.

I would charge more than $100. Probably closer to $300. It would be a $25 base fee for paperwork and BGC and $275 surcharge for having to listen to customers tell me how to run a FFL and answer phone calls about where they are in line.

In capitalism the market decides what is best. If we don't like to spend our $ with scalpers, and would rather spend it with those who won't take advantage of us, then that is capitalism at work. Why would you spend $100 for something you can buy for half that?
I wouldn't. I also wouldn't whine on the Internet and shake my first at the sky, hoping the individual charging what they want goes out of business. I simply wouldn't purchase that product and move on quietly.

This thread has many boohooers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top