JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My ffl was curious. He drove by HD and the windows are covered from the inside. No vehicles parked outside. There's a rumor in town that they are done.

If you are calling Hammer Down " hd," I told a friend your observation, as he has a couple items in jail there. He stopped by today and said they are open and the parking lot is packed .

Slim margins are NOT made up by screwing customers. An amazing number of small business go under every year do mostly to inept people running them. Not making enough so screw people over? This is NOT the road to success. Want to charge this for a transfer? Great, tell people this is our price and customer can choose. To get something started and then decide to shaft someone because they are in the middle of something and you have them hooked? Too bad if you go under.
It's called "small business" for a reason. Most small businesses are run by small minded businessmen. That's why they remain small or go under. Don't get me started on my experiences with small business.

It's called "small business" for a reason. Most small businesses are run by small minded businessmen. That's why they remain small or go under. Don't get me started on my experiences with small business.
Wife worked for a place for a good while run by a board of directors. The entire board was made up of failed businessmen. Watching the choices they made it was sure easy to see why every one of them had lost their business's. Many of them had inherited their business from parents who built something up from nothing. Leave it to the kids who parents had sadly made life too easy on? The kids would sink the damn things in a short time. Then of course blame everyone and everything except themselves. The Wife was who had never owned a business and never even finished college, having to constantly fight them to keep them from destroying the place she worked at. If that first batch of them had not died of old age when they did they would have finally managed to end that one too. Only reason it hung on was Wife fighting them every step of the way and them fighting with each other. So no single person on the board could sink the place even though they sure tried hard. :eek:

Wife worked for a place for a good while run by a board of directors. The entire board was made up of failed businessmen. Watching the choices they made it was sure easy to see why every one of them had lost their business's. Many of them had inherited their business from parents who built something up from nothing. Leave it to the kids who parents had sadly made life too easy on? The kids would sink the damn things in a short time. Then of course blame everyone and everything except themselves. The Wife was who had never owned a business and never even finished college, having to constantly fight them to keep them from destroying the place she worked at. If that first batch of them had not died of old age when they did they would have finally managed to end that one too. Only reason it hung on was Wife fighting them every step of the way and them fighting with each other. So no single person on the board could sink the place even though they sure tried hard. :eek:
When I partnered in a large marina/boat dealership/houseboat rental operation near Branson, MO we were one of 200 or so member businesses of a local small business group. At a group meeting once, the proposal was to spend $100 for an ad in a flyer to be distributed at the St. Louis boat show. After 30 minutes of debate among the 300 or so people present, I stood up and declared that the marina would pay for the ad if we could simply move on down the agenda. At $15 per hour per person we'd already spent $2250 worth of people's time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top