JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When its mandated that we need to use background checks its not really a free market
Sadly this is what people wanted. This is where competition comes in though. There are a lot of FFL's. No one has to use this place and at that price I find it hard to believe they will get much business. It almost sounds like they don't really want to do it and are pricing it to keep people from asking.

Last Edited:
I more than half expected the rest of the post to read, "for 3-day release"... and would wonder why it's taken so long for FFL's to start engaging in profiteering practices.

Am I a cynic??

Not to give any FFL reading any ideas, but it seems standard fare these days to screw over your fellow man whenever you can squeeze another buck out of them.

I Love the discussion.

Of course you can choose whatever ffl you want.

They are gouging and it's sick.

Sick for the first time buyer thinking of self defense for their home and family or your first gun or rifle.

Ya, I got bit. My fault.

I could go on and on with you guys about what a crap environment we're in right now.

After they took a two week holiday vacation and didn't tell ANYONE about their intention to raise transfer fees.

I'm going to pick up my $100 transferred gun this week and never step foot in their door again.

I Love the discussion.

Sick for the first time buyer thinking of self defense for their home and family or your first gun or rifle.

Ya, I got bit. My fault.

I could go on and on with you guys about what a crap environment we're in right now.

After they took a two week holiday vacation and didn't tell ANYONE about their intention to raise transfer fees.

I'm going to pick up my $100 transferred gun this week and never step foot in their door again.
Yeah.... They are trying to do everything they can to make it as difficult and as cost prohibitive as possible for new gun owners. It's just sad to see an FFL aiding them in that effort.

It alwyas proves true though. "Go woke, go broke". I'm sure you aren't the only one that will be voting with their wallet and won't be darkening their door any more.

In Bend? More like bend over.

If FFL dealers become scarcer and scarcer as some of us feel will happen, the price will likely go up. Lack of competition.

I Love the discussion.

Ya, I got bit. My fault.

Now that REALLY sucks. That they sprung this on someone after they were already a customer. Its one thing to do this to people who come in and ask, say this is our price. If they are doing this to people who already started something? I would have to hope it costs them all their business.

Now that REALLY sucks. That they sprung this on someone after they were already a customer. Its one thing to do this to people who come in and ask, say this is our price. If they are doing this to people who already started something? I would have to hope it costs them all their business.
Sad thing is, that's what the 2A antis want.

Margins are very slim for shops.

I had a conversation with the owner of another well known shop in town. They are not stocking new guns or ammunition. They have EMPTY shelves.

I'm praying Judge Raschio slams the door on everything unconstitutional. God bless that man.

Sad thing is, that's what the 2A antis want.

Margins are very slim for shops.

I had a conversation with the owner of another well known shop in town. They are not stocking new guns or ammunition. They have EMPTY shelves.

I'm praying Judge Raschio slams the door on everything unconstitutional. God bless that man.
Slim margins are NOT made up by screwing customers. An amazing number of small business go under every year do mostly to inept people running them. Not making enough so screw people over? This is NOT the road to success. Want to charge this for a transfer? Great, tell people this is our price and customer can choose. To get something started and then decide to shaft someone because they are in the middle of something and you have them hooked? Too bad if you go under.

You never know too... maybe the FFL is on his way out of the business and just trying to walk away with as much cash as he can before shuttering his doors.

We certainly saw the pre114 surge, but looks to have slowed down to a dribble. With so much uncertainty, many local retailers not restocking much and online sources being unwilling to ship to OR... it's certainly going to have a severe chilling affect on FFL's revenue streams. If they were already struggling I"m sure some may consider it time to move on to greener pastures(?)

In addition to 114 I'm sure some FFL's have been feeling the pressure from the recent rounds of brandon's minions license revocation sprees as well. All contributing to a sense of uncertainty might weigh heavily over the heads of our local shops.

I really want to see NICS become public access. No longer any need to engage an FFL for a (legal) private transfer. No need for gun shops to even run one - run it on yourself before shopping and just show the proof to the shop.

Democratization of power? Sure would be nice…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top