JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in Gresham and am hoping to find somewhere within an hour that I can do some 100 yd to 200 yd shooting. I've got a 4x4 truck but would prefer not to get it all messed so looking for reasonably accessible areas but safety is the most important. Don't want to be anywhere near anyone's property.

I drive out Hwy 26 and sometimes out Hwy 224.

I'm a small footprint kind of guy. I don't leave trash and I don't mind picking some up either.

Head out east on hwy 26, turn on random unpaved road, drive until you find a decent spot with a nice back stop. There are literally hundreds of spots that will offer 100yd shots. Finding them is 3/4s the fun. Google maps is your friend.

About a 1.5 hr drive from Gresham.
Last few miles are dirt road but it's maintained and easy on the rig.
Nice rock pit as well.
This is where I've been going.

About a 1.5 hr drive from Gresham.
Last few miles are dirt road but it's maintained and easy on the rig.
Nice rock pit as well.
This is where I've been going.
What direction do you come from to get there? Trying to figure what the closest main roads are

Someone else could confirm, but I think there's an old landing strip out at Fish Creek past Estacada.
Sounds promising. Any idea where from the trailhead it is? I looked it up and some people were complaining about target shooting there so sounds like a spot I need to hunt down.

Ok thanks. I was just using Google Earth and saw that but wasn't sure if that was it. Now to find out how to get there. I'll make a trip on Monday

Here's the (a) trailhead, off NF-54

Fish Creek Trailhead(Clackamas River Trail)
Mt Hood National Forest, NF-54, Estacada, OR 97023

Here's the (a) trailhead, off NF-54

Fish Creek Trailhead(Clackamas River Trail)
Mt Hood National Forest, NF-54, Estacada, OR 97023
I'm wondering if you can get a vehicle all the way up there. I'd have a lot of gear to be hiking with

I *think* you can. I haven't been all the way up there but I think I remember other folks here taking about driving up to the runway.
It doesn't look like there's any sort of backstop from the Google Earth view but I'm sure there's something up there. I'd like to try to push the 6.5 creedmoor

Less than 45 minutes from Gresham is the Cascade Sportsman Club. They have a 100 yard covered rifle and a
covered pistol range. On the WA side of the river just east of the Bridge of the God's. They give you a key to the gate
for you and your guests. I go during the week and usually have the whole place to myself. :D The best
part is that it is $20 a year and no joining fees.:D:D I use to shoot out in the woods but
it has it's problems with other shooters handling weapons when your down range.:oops::oops::oops:
FYI The club President lives in Gresham.
Your welcome.;)

Less than 45 minutes from Gresham is the Cascade Sportsman Club. They have a 100 yard covered rifle and a
covered pistol range. On the WA side of the river just east of the Bridge of the God's. They give you a key to the gate
for you and your guests. I go during the week and usually have the whole place to myself. :D The best
part is that it is $20 a year and no joining fees.:D:D I use to shoot out in the woods but
it has it's problems with other shooters handling weapons when your down range.:oops::oops::oops:
FYI The club President lives in Gresham.
Your welcome.;)
That looks nice. The only stipulation according to their websites is to go to a member meeting on Wednesday which is very difficult with my work schedule. Thanks for the heads up and will try to make a trip there.

It doesn't look like there's any sort of backstop from the Google Earth view but I'm sure there's something up there. I'd like to try to push the 6.5 creedmoor
I've been up in there, I haven't walked the strip but like you said I do t see a backdrop so never checked it out, you'll need your 4 wheel to get on to it there's lots of riding trails up there so that could be an issue

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top