JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Had a friend asking me about this subject a few weeks back, I thought this was worth sharing.

Speaking of surveillance...

We installed the RING front door camera. Replaced the doorbell button with this unit. it sees the front door and front yard 24 hours a day, and it is easily monitored from my cell phone. Clarity is incredible. And it instantly alerts us when somebody walks towards our door.

There are many similar brands and systems to choose from.

I feel like that article was written by a robot.

Buy and install "door armor"

Buy a Primus deadbolt or similar quality.

Done. Focus on windows and back doors next.

I agree that his writing style is a bit odd, my first reaction is to question his native language.
I looked at a couple of the authors other postings and get the impression that his articles are short on content and heavy on marketing for amazon.

On a serious note, the new house is coming with a Ring doorbell preinstalled. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. It's $3 a month to have their recoding services, otherwise you don't get to see past recorded visitors. However they keep everything I imagine. So no going in and out of the front door with guns if you ask me. It's bad enough my phone listens to my everyday life...

We have a big bay window (plus scads of other big windows all over the house) that can be overcome easily for some incoming criminal no matter if the front door is rather crime proofed.

In order to slow door front and back door entries, we have many, they're are covered by locked storm doors before they can get to next door.

If said criminal doesn't utilize our windows, the locked storm doors give us a few seconds longer to greet mr. criminal with a 'surprise' how-do-you-do...

Can also protect:
- side doors
- windows
- patio doors
- gates
- garage/shop doors/windows
- and more....

1570123051829.png

...also, cleans food scraps that fall on floor and warms feet.

Last Edited:
Speaking of surveillance...

We installed the RING front door camera. Replaced the doorbell button with this unit. it sees the front door and front yard 24 hours a day, and it is easily monitored from my cell phone. Clarity is incredible. And it instantly alerts us when somebody walks towards our door.

There are many similar brands and systems to choose from.

Now you can catch 'em licking your door bell. :s0140:

Ring Security Camera Catches Man Licking the Doorbell for Hours | Digital Trends

The deal on Shark Tank was funny but I did like the idea. I had never heard of those but they look interesting. As for the rest? Yes, many make it way too easy. Camera's are probably one of the easiest and very effective things you can do. I use a couple. Outside camera's that are not hidden. anyone thinking about it can see them. If they disable them and or just look in, they will see there is more inside. Both can be set up to detect motion. Since we work different shifts one of us is always here most of the time. If we go some where for days family stays here. Front door is hardened. Not to mention if someone does break in while we are home, well we will meet them with a lot of force.Also that the one youngest dog seems to have bat like hearing. She is earning her keep showing me how good she is. summer time wife can be sleeping upstairs with AC on and that dog still knows I am coming in the door. I tried a few times to see if I could "sneak in" and surprise them. I could fool the old dog and the one new dog, but not her. Must be those ears of hers :D

Pebbles-2.jpg

I have an attack squirrel as my fist line of defense with Fred as backup.:D
View attachment 621722

LOL, the furry little guys here have fun with our dogs. Long ago when we had cats its was non stop entertainment. We had a HUGE fruit tree in the back that they would run down to get to bird feed on the ground. Cats would chase them up the tree. Squirrels would keep teasing the cats till they had them WAY up in the tree. Then they would run down to start eating again while the cats slowly picked their way back down. Some times the cats would make this climb 3 or 4 times till they would give up. I am sure the Squirrels were having quite the laugh at them.

I've been wondering about ring.

Costco has a Lorex 4 camera bundle on sale for $199 and I'm really tempted

Everyone I have seen for years seem to work pretty much the same. Let you use a smart phone to access them. Having a hard drive is nice, has come in handy many times. Once you have them you soon rely on them a lot. Very nice when the dogs go off can just glance at the screen on my desk here to see whats out there. Especially at night. When I know I have a delivery coming that I need to sign for I leave my phone with them on. When I bought an AR kit it was of course adult signature required. Since I work nights, I was sleeping. As soon as dogs went off I could just glance at the phone and see I needed to go meet driver. If it's someone standing there looking like they are trying to tell me about god I can roll over and go back to sleep. :) Some delivery claims it came and it's not there? You can just play it back to see if it really made it. This has come in REAL handy with FedEx a few times now where they left my stuff at some other place and claimed it was delivered.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top