JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My understanding is anything not well grounded is destroyed.

This, actually, isn't as cut and dry as you might think. A lot of factors will determine whether or not an electronic device is effected by an EMP burst (I'm barely learning this stuff myself).

So here is what I've gathered from what research I've done.

1. Devices that are more dependant than others on electricity and computers are more vulnerable.
2. Devices that are running are more vulnerable.
3. You can shield electrical devices from EMP blasts with a faraday cage.
4. You can make your own faraday cage with common parts (like chicken wire).
5. Capacitors are one of the most vulnerable parts.

If an EMP burst happened right now (whether from a solar flare or ICBM) a lot of factors can contribute to your pass or fail on electrical devices. There is always a constant of electrical radiation being produced in the airways. Most is harmless, but everything has a breaking point as to how much it can take. So, if an EMP is directly on top of you, chances are there isn't enough chicken wire in the world to protect your capacitor from blowing out. However, if you are a few hundred miles away- your plans might just save the day.

When considering stuff like this, you have to do a risk assessment. What do you think is more important for you if the power goes out? Bugging out, or having running water?

Have EMPs in the back of your mind...have a backup plan for your backup plan. Don't have all your eggs in one basket like being able to drive all 1,000 miles to your bug-out spot with all the gear and supplies because your vehicle might not start at all.

*Riot Out*

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads