JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got through this and thought wow this guy seems to take himself way too seriously. I mean the title is "10 Things most gun owners do wrong" and almost all of his points were things only a concealed carrier or someone thinking about home defense would bother with. Then I noticed that the article was in the "Concealed Carry / Training Tips" section. I guess context is everything. I'm going to blame whoever came up with the title. :)

I got through this and thought wow this guy seems to take himself way too seriously. I mean the title is "10 Things most gun owners do wrong" and almost all of his points were things only a concealed carrier or someone thinking about home defense would bother with. Then I noticed that the article was in the "Concealed Carry / Training Tips" section. I guess context is everything. I'm going to blame whoever came up with the title. :)
It reminds me of all them 20-degree black-belt martial artists (that usually have pot-bellies and bad backs) constantly talking about choreographed "what-if" scenarios, and never shutting their gobs…. except around a fork.

It reminds me of all them 20-degree black-belt martial artists (that usually have pot-bellies and bad backs) constantly talking about choreographed "what-if" scenarios, and never shutting their gobs…. except around a fork.
Operation Dessert Storm?

operation-dessert-storm.jpg

This writer reminds me of a lot of Tacticool Operators that are selling training today!
"If you are not doing it my way you are not prepared!"
"if you haven't learned the Tacticool back flip...."
"When it comes time to kick doors......"

The problem with that is Home defenders , Concealed carriers, and Self Defense, don't include any of that!
What "Most" CC'ers need are the simple things.
Get comfortable with carrying your gun everywhere.
Use ammo that you can shoot well and is reliable in your gun.
Know where you can take your gun, and have a plan for what to do with it when you can't.
Know how to use a shopping cart as a barrier between others and your gun.
Learn to pick a seat that does not expose your gun when you sit.
Learn what pre attack behaviors look like.
Talk to your wife / husband, about not asking if you have your gun on you at inopportune times!
Etc.... DR

1) "Talk to your wife / husband, about not asking if you have your gun on you at inopportune times!"
The Beloved knows that a Smurf (a little blue friend) is always with us when out and about in the great big world.

2) "Probably most important point made, recognizing a situation that allows a shooter to legally use lethal force."
If my/our lives are in immediate danger. Anything else is at the "A dog has p!ssed on my tipi" level of problems and does not merit intervention by Smurfs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top