JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just ordered a pistol that comes with 2 14rd magazines. The place I ordered it from has a store in California and one in Texas. They only had my gun in stock in the Texas store, or so it said on their website. When I placed my order I was thinking to bad they didn't have one in the Cali store, I might get it quicker. Then it occurred to me that maybe they didn't because they can't have "high capacity" mags there. Well my firearm shipped and I got a tracking number. Guess where it shipped from. California. So are businesses allowed to pass guns through Cali with high capacity mags? I hope to god I'm not getting a California compliant version of this gun.

I'd GUESS that FFLs are exempt (possession laws about certain evil guns and magazines). Businesses gotta make money in order to pay more taxes. You know......as long as an evil gun (or magazine) is not being sold to a Californian or if it's leaving CA......THAT'S A GOOD THING.

hypocrisy.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Agreed.

10+ mags are not entirely illegal in Kalifederation so FFL's ARE allowed to stock and sell them to LEO's and out of state customers. It's only illegal for them to be sold to (or in possession of) the average law abiding residents.

Cool, I questioned it, then kind of assumed it was ok for ffl's....then went back and forth in my head and convinced myself they are probably sending me some California compliant version of the gun with the slide welded in place and the barrel plugged with cement. Nothing worse than waiting on a gun...cant get here fast enough.

Thought I'd update this real quick. I sent the company I ordered from an email last night just to make sure I wasn't getting a California paper weight and they emailed me back saying sometimes they do stock higher capacity guns/mags for Leo only and they are sending me one of those.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top