JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It looks like they are no longer including rings and scope with these now, and shipping with a 10 round mag vs. a 15 round mag, but the price is still the same as when I ordered one for myself back in December.
I see black on backorder, dark earth, OD green, pink attitude and tiger green are all on the distributors shelves.
GR10BKPK_1.jpg

Nothing better than taking down a home invader than with a big hard hitting pink gun I guess!

Not available anymore, but once upon a time Auto-Ordnance made 10mm Thompsons... in fact, IIRC the last run before they closed the full-auto line in May '86 was a run of 10mm full-auto TSMG's for the FBI.
Holy crapola,...
You guys are lucky there isn't a "Drooling Jamie" smiley.

Your keyboards would be soaked right about now.

That's nothing, Jamie... one of the things on my Powerball List if we ever get NFA repealed and full 2A restoration is to have a Thompson made using modern lighter/stronger materials, and with a pair of quick-change barrels and a beefed-up construction to go from 10mm Express (an even hotter 10mm ACP load) to .45 Super/.450 SMC at will. Start with the 1928AC design, incorporate the improvements from the M1 and unbuilt M2 TSMG models, add an optic rail on top (necessitating the M2's ambi charging handle) and incorporate a light and laser into the classic foregrip. Have Precision Armament make a .45 version of the AFAB for it, a few other modernizations...

The ASR I got had one 10 round mag so I bought a couple Glock mags right away. I may contact TNW to see whether they will trade me the 10 for the large cap mag they should have included. Plus I it needs more cover over the barrel so I am going to get either the shroud or the complete handguard they offer.

It looks like they are no longer including rings and scope with these now, and shipping with a 10 round mag vs. a 15 round mag, but the price is still the same as when I ordered one for myself back in December.
I see black on backorder, dark earth, OD green, pink attitude and tiger green are all on the distributors shelves.
View attachment 364210

Nothing better than taking down a home invader than with a big hard hitting pink gun I guess!

I long thought they should keep the scope and take a few bucks off the price saved. I have yet to see anyone who bought one and liked or wanted to keep that scope.
The Mag they send is the other. The 3 I have had hands on so far all came with one made by the same company. None of them worked. When I was thinking about buying and watching reviews a lot of them had feed issues. Looked to me like all of them that had issues were trying to use that mag that came with these. I long thought TNW would be better served to just send along a 10 round Glock mag. Then people who live where allowed can buy more full capacity Glock mags.

The ASR I got had one 10 round mag so I bought a couple Glock mags right away. I may contact TNW to see whether they will trade me the 10 for the large cap mag they should have included. Plus I it needs more cover over the barrel so I am going to get either the shroud or the complete handguard they offer.

Rather than bothering with that if you want mags for your ASR go to CDNN. They must have bought a train car load of these before the election gambling on her winning. They have had these on sale cheaper than I have seen them in recent memory for quite a while now. I grabbed up some 10mm a while back. Then went back for some more 9mm "Happy sticks". I had just bought some of the happy sticks on Gun Broker thinking I had found a good deal. Then I saw CDNN had them even cheaper.

Had not seen the new handgaurd. Now that is also going to be on the short list, 2 of them. I looked at the shroud but it looked like it had to come off to take the barrel off. After seeing the demo of the guard that I like. Barrel still comes off just like before. May have to sell one of my S2K's by the time I start wanting stuff for the ASR's here. :confused::confused:

View attachment 364210

The one I got, bought at the end of last December, still included the scope and rings - probably not worth using (AIM scope) and the rings they sent were way too low for this gun. I still want to put a red dot on mine, just haven't gotten around to getting one yet.

I long thought they should keep the scope and take a few bucks off the price saved. I have yet to see anyone who bought one and liked or wanted to keep that scope.
The Mag they send is the other. The 3 I have had hands on so far all came with one made by the same company. None of them worked. When I was thinking about buying and watching reviews a lot of them had feed issues. Looked to me like all of them that had issues were trying to use that mag that came with these. I long thought TNW would be better served to just send along a 10 round Glock mag. Then people who live where allowed can buy more full capacity Glock mags.

It's those darn cheapo Korean crap-turd magazines that won't cycle in many guns. I'd rather they just lose the scope, include one decent Glock mag and call it good. Gun companies don't do themselves any favors producing a good gun and then including cheap crap accessories with them. Same problem shows up in airguns too - crap scopes attached, that have no real value but to take up space.

Rather than bothering with that if you want mags for your ASR go to CDNN. They must have bought a train car load of these before the election gambling on her winning. They have had these on sale cheaper than I have seen them in recent memory for quite a while now. I grabbed up some 10mm a while back. Then went back for some more 9mm "Happy sticks". I had just bought some of the happy sticks on Gun Broker thinking I had found a good deal. Then I saw CDNN had them even cheaper.

For those that don't mind used magazines, AIM Surplus often has used Glock mags at good prices. I've ordered quite a few from them and saved some $$ in the process. Never got a bad one from them, just a little scuffed from use/carry, but always good springs and lips.

That's nothing, Jamie... one of the things on my Powerball List if we ever get NFA repealed and full 2A restoration is to have a Thompson made using modern lighter/stronger materials, and with a pair of quick-change barrels and a beefed-up construction to go from 10mm Express (an even hotter 10mm ACP load) to .45 Super/.450 SMC at will. Start with the 1928AC design, incorporate the improvements from the M1 and unbuilt M2 TSMG models, add an optic rail on top (necessitating the M2's ambi charging handle) and incorporate a light and laser into the classic foregrip. Have Precision Armament make a .45 version of the AFAB for it, a few other modernizations...
All I would need is a fedora and a pin-striped suit.
Show the "gangstas" what a real Gangster looks like!

Various observations today: Midway USA has Glock mags on sale, $16.74 for Glock 20 15 round. I ordered a couple since Cabelas' charge $35 and Sportsman $30.

The results are in and the ARS in even more impressive. I spent some time at the range with the chrono (I also tested some .41 mag rounds for a friend). All in all, I shot about 400 rounds, two different .41 mag loads and 6 10 mm loads. Attached is the spreadsheet of the 'winners:' Nosler 135 gr, Badman 180 gr poly coated and my fallback load, 155 gr Hornady XTP. The ARS did not malfunction, not once and shot the Nosler 135 gr at more than 1700 fps.

Chrono Results 10 mm Comparison.jpg

Various observations today: Midway USA has Glock mags on sale, $16.74 for Glock 20 15 round. I ordered a couple since Cabelas' charge $35 and Sportsman $30.

The results are in and the ARS in even more impressive. I spent some time at the range with the chrono (I also tested some .41 mag rounds for a friend). All in all, I shot about 400 rounds, two different .41 mag loads and 6 10 mm loads. Attached is the spreadsheet of the 'winners:' Nosler 135 gr, Badman 180 gr poly coated and my fallback load, 155 gr Hornady XTP. The ARS did not malfunction, not once and shot the Nosler 135 gr at more than 1700 fps.

View attachment 364334

Damn impressive. Looking forward to getting the 10mm stuff for one of mine. Those last couple loads show some DAMN impressive numbers for a little house gun for protection. With the extra's they are now selling for these I think my S2K's are going to become safe queens. :cool:

That is a great price on the mags. No doubt a few places bought a huge amount of these betting on the election. If they run out there they are still $20 each for all the flavors except the happy sticks.

Just look at what adding 1 inch does to hand gun ballistics. In a 5 inch 1911 I am pushing a 200 gr solid at 1360 fps average, Add one inch barrel length in a long slide and I add just over 100 fps to that with no changes to the load. I don't have a carbine yet, but that same load should be pushing around 1500 fps!!!

Got the 10mm Barrel bolt and Carrier for my ASR's today. :s0133: Now ordered the new hand guard. Now need to order up some 10MM ammo so I can take it to the range to give it a spin. TNW seems to be listening to comments from somewhere. The barrel they sent already had the feed ramps polished well. The two I bought and the one a buddy bought came with the Parkerizing all over the ramp and it takes a while to wear them in. They must have heard people saying something about this.

Are you talking current production only?
Auto-Ordnance made a Thompson 1927A1, 10mm semi-auto rifle and HK made and MP5/10.

There were also some M-1 Carbine conversions and T/C Contender carbines in 10mm

Got the 10mm Barrel bolt and Carrier for my ASR's today. :s0133: Now ordered the new hand guard. Now need to order up some 10MM ammo so I can take it to the range to give it a spin. TNW seems to be listening to comments from somewhere. The barrel they sent already had the feed ramps polished well. The two I bought and the one a buddy bought came with the Parkerizing all over the ramp and it takes a while to wear them in. They must have heard people saying something about this.

My ARS had the coating on the feed ramps and so far has made no difference.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top