JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all know how tough it can be to get ammo nowadays. Although I have a decent stash, I'm always willing to add to it if the price is right.

Here in Coeur d'Alene we have the same issue. Std 9mm STEEL CASE selling for $20+!

Seems like the best local supplier in my area is BLACK SHEEP SPORTING GOODS. So I seem to be stopping in and keeping my eye on their supply.

No 9mm AT ALL. The least expensive option was some steel case 115 for $19.99, but that shelf has been empty for awhile now.

I visit them a couple of days ago and find that they have quite a bit of 10mm. The best millimeter!
They have Federal and Blazer 180 FMJ, brass case.
The best part is that they are selling either for $19.95 a box.
The best price that I can find on the 'net is $30 + shipping.

They do have a "100 rnd per person / per day" limit. But, lets just say that they don't exactly have a good system of enforcement. ;)

$20 per box of 50 I assume.

That is 40¢ per round.

I don't know about 10mm, but it is often similar for .40 S&W online. Problem is, I can get JHP for 45-50¢ per round if I am careful, patient and diligent about watching for good deals. To me, FMJ is just practice ammo and I have a problem paying almost as much for it as for good self-defense ammo when it used to cost half the price of the self-defense ammo.

YMMV - of course, if a person hasn't been diligent about keeping adequate ammo on hand, maybe it is worth it to them to pay the current inflated prices and they have the $ to do so.

I don't know what the margins are in the supply pipeline - maybe all along the line the sellers are making up for slim margins when the retail price was way down? But at a certain point I just have a problem paying 2-4X the price that ammo was last year.

$20 per box of 50 I assume.

That is 40¢ per round.

I don't know about 10mm, but it is often similar for .40 S&W online. Problem is, I can get JHP for 45-50¢ per round if I am careful, patient and diligent about watching for good deals. To me, FMJ is just practice ammo and I have a problem paying almost as much for it as for good self-defense ammo when it used to cost half the price of the self-defense ammo.

YMMV - of course, if a person hasn't been diligent about keeping adequate ammo on hand, maybe it is worth it to them to pay the current inflated prices and they have the $ to do so.

I don't know what the margins are in the supply pipeline - maybe all along the line the sellers are making up for slim margins when the retail price was way down? But at a certain point I just have a problem paying 2-4X the price that ammo was last year.
It's been over a year ago I bought my 10mm. Best I could do then was $19 a box for S&B. This was when AR's and ammo were at all time lows. So for a place to sell it now at $20 a box is VERY good. When the guns and ammo shelves were full and stuff was on sale most of the 10mm Ball ammo was in the $30 a box range. So I jumped on a couple cases of the S&B so I would have to brass to roll it when I ran out.

Problem is, I can get JHP for 45-50¢ per round if I am careful, patient and diligent about watching for good deals.

If you can get 10mm for $.40 p / rnd, including shipping, now, in stock, please share.

Just to find it in stock, in this day and age of 9mm going for the same price, this is a pretty good deal.

Before the Great Ammo Run of 2020, I could get MagTech for $15 per 50.
But when everything is experiencing cost increases in the triple digits, this is a present.

If you can get 10mm for $.40 p / rnd, including shipping, now, in stock, please share.

Just to find it in stock, in this day and age of 9mm going for the same price, this is a pretty good deal.

I can't speak for 10mm, but I have bought significant quantities of .45 ACP JHP online for 45¢/round in the last month. I have bought .40 from NWFA members for similar prices. This last weekend I picked up ~2500 rounds of .40 FMJ practice ammo for under 30¢/round from two different NWFA members.

I check here, Ammoseek and a few other places almost daily - or I was (I am pretty well stocked up now).

I checked ammo seek and they want $3 a box for the same item. PLUS $23 shiping AND $3 shipping insurance AND they still charge me tax.

I can buy locally AND save money. :)
Win win.

My LGS has a huge assortment of 10mm in all sorts of flavors ranging from $17.99 a box of 50 Blazer aluminum to $32 for the hard cast bear load stuff. I roll my own, so not really interested.

Ya?
I prefer the brass case to the aluminum. I eventually would also like to roll my own.
Who and where is this store? What are they charging for blazer 180 brass?

I get 10mm from Target. They had federal this week for about $350 a case (member pricing) with free shipping. S&B was $330 about 2-3 weeks back per case. And they sell individual boxes at the same price.

Lends credence to the theory that less popular ammo is sometimes more available than popular ammo during lean times - at least in the retail market; 10mm, .45 GAP and .357 SIG are available, and some .40 (although that is second to 9mm in the sales popularity list).

We have some 10 and 45 ammo in stock

10mm Blazer 180gr Brass Case at $17.49 per box of 50
45 Winchester 230gr Brass Case at $83.99 per box of 200
45 Winchester 185gr Brass Case at $21.99 per box of 50
45 Speer Lawman 230gr Brass Case at $20.99 per box of 50
45 Federal 230gr Brass Cased at $19.99 per box of 50

As we all know most cheap 10mm ammo is basically a 40sw load which is fine for plinking but underwood has been keeping some good defence ammo in stock. Ive got some 150, 180 and 200 grain showing up tomorrow. Its a full load and about .80-85 cents a round.

I called around for some 45 acp fmj today in Spokane, a few places had it for 25.00 a 50 for Magteck. I don't need it that bad. My go to place the black sheep didn't have any. I have plenty of other calibers to shoot up so it doesn't bother me.like terdog said plenty of 10mm.. I did pick up 1000 large pistol primers for the heck of it for 40.00 SHEESH. the last time I bought primers they were a buck a hundred out of the white elephant.

As we all know most cheap 10mm ammo is basically a 40sw load which is fine for plinking but underwood has been keeping some good defence ammo in stock. Ive got some 150, 180 and 200 grain showing up tomorrow. Its a full load and about .80-85 cents a round.

Note that .40 brass is just as strong as 10mm brass as it is the same, it is just shorter. However, with less case space comes higher pressures for the same results so I would not use 10mm loading data and make sure you don't compress loads in any reload regardless of what it is. But some people are getting near 10mm results with .40 brass - I just would not shoot it in my alloy framed SIGs, at least not for very long. If I had a steel framed SIG in .40, then I wouldn't have a problem shooting it as long as the pressures were within 10mm specs.

That said, as I mentioned in my other thread on 9mm v .40 v .45, I am interested in the new Seismic heavy bullet ammo. The 180 gr 9mm ammo is especially interesting; good ballistics (almost those of .40) with better sectional density than .40/10mm and more capacity in the mags with reportedly lower recoil (very interesting). Once I get a 9mm conversion barrel for my 224 I will maybe buy some of that and compare it to the .40, as the .40 shot thru the 224 is a bit "snappy" in it.

Note that .40 brass is just as strong as 10mm brass as it is the same, it is just shorter. However, with less case space comes higher pressures for the same results so I would not use 10mm loading data and make sure you don't compress loads in any reload regardless of what it is. But some people are getting near 10mm results with .40 brass - I just would not shoot it in my alloy framed SIGs, at least not for very long. If I had a steel framed SIG in .40, then I wouldn't have a problem shooting it as long as the pressures were within 10mm specs.

That said, as I mentioned in my other thread on 9mm v .40 v .45, I am interested in the new Seismic heavy bullet ammo. The 180 gr 9mm ammo is especially interesting; good ballistics (almost those of .40) with better sectional density than .40/10mm and more capacity in the mags with reportedly lower recoil (very interesting). Once I get a 9mm conversion barrel for my 224 I will maybe buy some of that and compare it to the .40, as the .40 shot thru the 224 is a bit "snappy" in it.
I was more stating that alot of 10mm is short loaded to basicly 40sw specs of around 1050-1150 fps where underwood loads it to full specs of 1200-1600 fps.

Trying to compare apples to apples ...

Product Overview
Blazer Brass handgun ammunition features reloadable brass cases, quality primers and clean-burning propellants. It offers reliable, accurate performance for target shooting.
  • Features reloadable brass cases, reliable primers and clean-burning propellants
  • Standard boxer-type primers and primer pockets make reloading easy
  • Affordable—great for target practice
SPECS
Caliber40 S&W
Bullet Weight165
Bullet StyleFull Metal Jacket
Muzzle Velocity1050
Test Barrel Length In4
Package Quantity50
UsageTarget Shooting

Last Edited:
most cheap 10mm ammo is basically a 40sw load

Not all loads aare created equal.
You can get weak 40 that isn't any better than some 9mm.
You can get some 10 thats no better than 40.

Blazer Brass 10 mm Auto 180-grain FMJ Features:

• Reloadable brass cases
  • Reliable cycling
  • FMJ bullet provides consistent accuracy for the range
  • CCI primer
  • 1,200 fps velocity at muzzle
  • 575 ft./lbs. energy at muzzle

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT