JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh yeah, don't get rid of your 41, great round. You will be hard pressed to find a factory loaded 10mm that matches the original Norma rounds. At least you have got some good reloading brass from the AE rounds you shot. When you start reloading for it you will be impressed, the round you shot were basically 40S&W balistically.
My favorite powder for 10 is Blue Dot, followed by AA#9. 800X is fun if you don't mind weighing every charge because it doesn't throw reliably.
I mostly shoot 180gr projo's but when available 200 grain loads are good. 220 hardcast is tough to stabilize and they like to key hole not too far from the muzzle.
You can work up loads from max to get real hot and not see much effect on accuracy, don't use the primer as a pressure indicator on the 10 because they all flatten even at mid high loadings

Out on the wilds, or at least as far as I get out in the wilds, the animal I fear most has two legs and more often than not a drug habit. Never felt undergunned with my G21....

As they say, one man's opinion.

There are various speciality ammo makers that offer heavy loads with heavily built projectiles meant for dangerous game and penetration.

Barnes used to make some. Don't think they do anymore. I still have what I bought in Alaska when I worked there.

Buffalo Bore makes 10mm ammo that should work better than most.

But read their warnings about heavy ammo first, not all firearms can handle these loads.

There are probably other ammo makers out there that produce heavy loads.

I've used Blue Dot for years and it looks to be as good for the 10 as it used to be for the .41. (warnings not to use Blue Dot in any .41 Mag load come straight from the manufacturer. Guess they changed the recipe a tad) Also, I love the XTP and it looks like the 180gr will be the ticket.
It will be a while before I get around to this, but that's the initial plan.

I am out of town right now but I want to say they averaged 1208 fps out of a G29 3.8" so add about 40 to 50 fps for 4.6" barrel….don't have notes to reference at the moment. I think that is too fast for the Gold Dots but I still like them, XTP with Blue Dot is my go to

Thanks! That's what I was looking/hoping for. I'll be shooting them out of a 4.25" barrel. Appreciate the info. Not quite 41 Mag, but certainly hotter than 45 ACP.

no problem, if you are carful you can get 200gr to 1250 neighborhood, and that is 41 mag territory....just don't do this, felt like 44mag lol. Have fun with it, 10mm is a reloaders dream

no problem, if you are carful you can get 200gr to 1250 neighborhood, and that is 41 mag territory....just don't do this, felt like 44mag lol. Have fun with it, 10mm is a reloaders dream

Glock?

Either way, you can probably find a barrel with a newer, fully supported chamber that will reduce or eliminate that effect. I believe the newer factory Glock 10mms don't have that problem.

elsie

Yeah, Glock. Barrel is the latest in the support of 10mm available from them. This is an example in complacent reloading I am not proud of…… Not sure if the energy would have been directed elsewhere in an aftermarket barrel it was simple too much, even the guru 10 reloaders don't do compressed Blue Dot in their "nuclear" loads.

Yep. Lone Wolf might be a bit better than a Glock barrel for that.

But I don't think any of my 10mm loads for Blue Dot are compressed and I was running at the high end (sometimes plus a bit) so you are probably taking some risk there.

elsie

Is there anywhere in pdx that stocks 10mm ammo? I'm not currently into reloading yet.
I found a small amount at Sportsman's Warehouse and NW Armory on McLoughlin in Milwaukie had several 50 round boxes of Federal American Eagle when I was in there last.

I found a small amount at Sportsman's Warehouse and NW Armory on McLoughlin in Milwaukie had several 50 round boxes of Federal American Eagle when I was in there last.
Thanks. Called all over the place and those two had some. Sportsmans only had Corbon, and NW had blazer (non reload able cases and weak power from what I've read) and Doubletap. DT is some spendy stuff. I ended up ordering some Underwood and Remington online.

Now to start saving for reloading.

Thanks. Called all over the place and those two had some. Sportsmans only had Corbon, and NW had blazer (non reload able cases and weak power from what I've read) and Doubletap. DT is some spendy stuff. I ended up ordering some Underwood and Remington online.

Now to start saving for reloading.
Yeah, they have Blazer, too. I didn't buy any because the cases are not reloadable. Then I guess I forgot about it!
I did buy 2 boxes of Corbon at Sportsman's and it was the hottest ammo I shot (Fed, Win and Corbon) and it's loaded in Starline cases.
The Federal (American Eagle) was pretty soft, too. Probably on par with the Blazer. While I'll gladly use the Federal cases for reloading, I didn't buy a 10mm to shoot light loads...