JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want a new one under $500 to replace my Ryobi. Any suggestions? Online reviews are all over the place. Even Bosch 4100 gets a lot of negatives, so......? Your own experience will be helpful and thanks in advance!

Im a contractor and use tools daily, pretty much all makes have outsourced to china, if its just for ocasional use by another ryobi, spending twice as much doesnt guarantee you a better product. Milwaukee has been producing some quality tools latley but milwaukee dewalt bosch makita and porter cable have quality tools but all also have china entry level "price pointed" tools too. Personaly the fence is more important to me than the saw incra fences have worked for me.

I bought a Bosch4100 for my woodworking hobby. No real complaints about it as a saw - the fence could be better. But I'm going to mount it into a workbench anyway, so that wasn't much an issue for me.

BOSCH makes great tools, but for price/value, get the Dewalt(& folding stand) already mentioned above.

Durable and easy to transport.

Ryobi is slight a step up from Pittsburgh, Chicago (Harbor Freight brands) -- as a use every once in a while tool, but not built to last(IE. Contractor grade).

/thread

I really wanted to buy another table saw, I have an old craftsman but it weighs a freakin ton!
Everytime I have to move it my back suffers for a week.
I looked at the Kobalt and was on sale for like $269 but I went and played with it and it just felt like junk. But basically like others have said they are all plastic junk from china. Even the dewalts

Ok. Here's my opinion, for what it's worth.

I'm 51 years old. I've been a finish carpenter for the last 26 years, and a hobbyist since i could walk. I am still using the same portable tablesaw for over 21 years.
Dewalt.
For me, the older/original saw is hands-down the best compromise for repeatable accuracy, power, and portability. I can't (and won't) speak about the quality of the newer versions, but if you can find a usable older version, buy it! In my company we have 3 portable Dewalts, one portable Bosch and one 2-man portable Sawstop mounted to a roll cart. I always use my Dewalt. With a sled and custom outfeed I can build most anything onsite.

Of course, at home........
My Jet with 52" fence gets the job done.
Sorry about the messy picture. My son and I are working on a couple projects.
20200418_131655.jpg

Still need to paint the 9-hole stands before we set them up on the range......
20200415_172203.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads