JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As so often happens with new "common sense gun law" a VAST swath of gun owners pay no attention and have no idea a new law went in. Often for years after the law went in until it effects them. Then they found out about it and it comes as a shock. Wonder why we are losing? Really? :confused:

THIS is what all you "it's not so bad" idiots who didn't dig in to resist 1639 inflicted on us all...
LOL, I normally try to be a little more "tactful" when I say this but you worded it exactly how I feel when this kind of crap keeps coming up. I well remember the first Christmas after the national BGC law went in. Hordes of angry people at the local K-Marts and Wally's, trying to buy a .22 rifle and just finding out that it was no longer fill out the forms and walk. That it had to be called in and if the system was "not working" no sale. People were over the top angry at everyone except the person in the mirror who had NO clue this new law went in. They did not care until it hit them. :mad:

LOL, I normally try to be a little more "tactful" when I say this but you worded it exactly how I feel when this kind of crap keeps coming up. I well remember the first Christmas after the national BGC law went in. Hordes of angry people at the local K-Marts and Wally's, trying to buy a .22 rifle and just finding out that it was no longer fill out the forms and walk. That it had to be called in and if the system was "not working" no sale. People were over the top angry at everyone except the person in the mirror who had NO clue this new law went in. They did not care until it hit them. :mad:
I learned long ago to quit playing the "tact game" with these bum-sucking arseclowns, because to them... well, Competitive Outrage is the national sport of Soymalia, each competing to be a bigger Butthurt Little B--ch than the last and ever more creative looking for an excuse to get a sad in their frilly pink panties over something as innocuous as "Good Morning" or "I Like Pie" or even "Hello."

I'm glad I bought this Assault Rifle long before the stupid law went into effect. :s0141:

1640181762112.jpeg

I'm not in a hurry. I was just curious because it also says if background check clears before 10 days the dealer may deliver the firearm! If i was a psycho the other rifles in my safe would work just fine. Just sayin!
He was joking. Making light of the idiotic libtard mentality that has become such an overwhelming irritation for anyone who still believes in the core foundations this nation has been built upon.

As so often happens with new "common sense gun law" a VAST swath of gun owners pay no attention and have no idea a new law went in. Often for years after the law went in until it effects them. Then they found out about it and it comes as a shock. Wonder why we are losing? Really? :confused:
BUT, But, but.........the people that I vote for keep getting defeated by some other Anti-gunner. And/Or, it seems that politicians no longer can read or comprehend the English Language.

The Constitution says.......
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

But they have somehow changed the Constitution to......

The 2nd Amendment according to the Liberals..…
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me."

And even then......
It's tough to keep track of what is going on in the Legislature. A$$^%*#s keep wanting to change things. Year, after year, after year.....

Aloha, Mark

Also avoidable if you go through a WA friendly Oregon FFL for your semi auto rifles
If by this you mean some FFL's in OR are planing on transferring "assault weapons" to a WA resident in a way to get around the law? I hope none of them do as they are likely to get the attention of the bozo AG we have here. If he takes a dislike to some poor shop in OR who does this he has what amounts to unlimited money to make their life miserable. To him the cost means nothing as its just tax money and he is VERY anti gun.

It's been law for quite a while there, yet you seemed to not know about it. Yikes.
I'm perfectly aware. I was questioning whether or not there was a loop hole because in the beginning I heard rumors of a few shops up north that were doing just that. Ive gone thru this process atleast half a dozen times since law went into affect but have never had the shop call me after 4 days and tell me I was good to go. Usually they just call when its ready to pick up

If by this you mean some FFL's in OR are planing on transferring "assault weapons" to a WA resident in a way to get around the law? I hope none of them do as they are likely to get the attention of the bozo AG we have here. If he takes a dislike to some poor shop in OR who does this he has what amounts to unlimited money to make their life miserable. To him the cost means nothing as its just tax money and he is VERY anti gun.
There is only one correct response to those discontented by this. "Did you Vote Like Your Rights Depended On It and donate to fund the courtroom fight? If yes, thank you for fighting. If not, you voted for poop, now shut up and eat the poop-cake you couldn't be bothered to resist when you had the chance."

BUT, But, but.....

NOW the Liberals can sleep at night. Knowing that they've F@#^ with you and your rights. Rrrrrright.....never mind that you have a CCW and/or many other firearms at home already. They're just opposed to you having one more firearm. See how that works? A SOLUTION to the crime problem. Easy as waiting for 10 working days.

Wanna sing Kumbaya together?

Aloha, Mark
Lol right.

Well, now it looks like they're not being able to sleep as well, now that just two years later they're pushing a complete ban on them. "We just want common sense gun laws we're not trying to take them away"
Two years later…. "Hmm our first infringement didn't stop them from buying. We better just go ahead and ban them we got enough votes last time around let's see how this goes!"

Initiative 1639 only applies to "semiautomatic assault rifle" purchases by WA residents in WA state. Until an amendment is added specifically barring WA residents from purchasing semi auto rifles (not "semiautomatic assault rifles," since no other state defines them as such) in other states, there is no "getting around the law." WA is the only state that specifically defines "semiautomatic assault rifles." No other state uses WA's definition and interpretation for a group of firearms (semi auto rifles). If an amendment was added barring WA residents from purchasing "semiautomatic assault rifles" in other states, since what are defined as "SAR" in WA, are just long guns in most other states, this too would have no teeth.

I doubt the half of dozen Oregon FFLs I've transferred semi auto rifles through, since 1639 passed, would risk their entirely livelihood to make what amounts to peanuts ($30-$50 a transfer) for doing semi auto transfers for me, if it was somehow illegal.

Initiative 1639 only applies to "semiautomatic assault rifle" purchases by WA residents in WA state. Until an amendment is added specifically barring WA residents from purchasing semi auto rifles (not "semiautomatic assault rifles," since no other state defines them as such) in other states, there is no "getting around the law." WA is the only state that specifically defines "semiautomatic assault rifles." No other state uses WA's definition and interpretation for a group of firearms (semi auto rifles). If an amendment was added barring WA residents from purchasing "semiautomatic assault rifles" in other states, since what are defined as "SAR" in WA, are just long guns in most other states, this too would have no teeth.

I doubt the half of dozen Oregon FFLs I've transferred semi auto rifles through, since 1639 passed, would risk their entirely livelihood to make what amounts to peanuts ($30-$50 a transfer) for doing semi auto transfers for me, if it was somehow illegal.
But under Federal law interstate sales have to comply with laws of the purchaser's state of residence, too, IIRC, not just the laws of the state being purchased in.

But under Federal law interstate sales have to comply with laws of the purchaser's state of residence, too, IIRC, not just the laws of the state being purchased in.
Yes. Since WA's 1639 only applies to semi auto purchases in WA, by WA residents, other states are still complying with WA's out of state long gun purchasing laws, even with 1639 on the books.

Per WA law: "...that when any part of the transaction takes place in Washington, including, but not limited to, internet sales, such residents are subject to the procedures and background checks required by this chapter." This points out the distinction of transfers/sales that take place in WA, or outside of WA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top