JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I purchased a new AR and had tobhave it shipped to local shop. I did all my paperwork last week and just recieved a phone call from the shop saying everything went thru and im good to go but still can't pick up until the 29th. I was under the impression that if everything came back before the 10 days you could pick up your rifle from what I had read. Am I reading it wrong?

Found this for you:

Waiting Period
  • There is a 10-day waiting period after the purchase of a firearm for a dealer to perform a background check.
  • If the buyer passes the background check, the dealer may deliver the firearm to the buyer before the 10 days elapse.
  • If the buyer does not have valid Washington identification or has not been a resident of Washington, the period is extended to 60 days.
  • A licensed dealer may not deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser or transferee until ten business days have elapsed from the date of the purchase application or, in the case of a transfer, ten business days have elapsed from the date a background check is initiated.

Found this for you:

Waiting Period
  • There is a 10-day waiting period after the purchase of a firearm for a dealer to perform a background check.
  • If the buyer passes the background check, the dealer may deliver the firearm to the buyer before the 10 days elapse.
  • If the buyer does not have valid Washington identification or has not been a resident of Washington, the period is extended to 60 days.
  • A licensed dealer may not deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser or transferee until ten business days have elapsed from the date of the purchase application or, in the case of a transfer, ten business days have elapsed from the date a background check is initiate

Found this for you:

Waiting Period
  • A licensed dealer may not deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser or transferee until ten business days have elapsed from the date of the purchase application or, in the case of a transfer, ten business days have elapsed from the date a background check is initiated.
Thats what I was curious about because the second part contradicts that last one?

One shop here in WA made me wait 17 days to pick up my M1A rifle (won't do transfers there again), even though you need to ride out the 10 days per the RCW, not including weekends, so it's more like two weeks.

What's also BS is they took away the provision for WA CPL holders who buy handguns, can get their check done on the spot. Now you have to wait, though with handguns, they can release it earlier if all clears sooner than the 10 days.

Waiting periods do nothing but serve as a political barrier to using your 2A rights. They know it, we know it, all under the guise of "common sense" laws. Gimme a break...

Nope they're good lol!! I got what you were saying. My point is there 10 day waiting period doesn't really prevent anything
Sure it does
It prevents the exercise of your Second Amendment rights
It prevents you having access to your property
It prevents you having fun for 10 days

When I ordered though my FFL he changed me sales tax and a transfer fee as well which was fine. Sometimes I ordered my M14 myself so he just wanted to see if I paid sale tax on my firearm which I did. All out of state firearms, parts, etc. charge Washington State sales tax now anyways. I just printed out the invoice over to him when he received the firearm.

BUT, But, but.....

NOW the Liberals can sleep at night. Knowing that they've F@#^ with you and your rights. Rrrrrright.....never mind that you have a CCW and/or many other firearms at home already. They're just opposed to you having one more firearm. See how that works? A SOLUTION to the crime problem. Easy as waiting for 10 working days.

Wanna sing Kumbaya together?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads