JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just found this posted elsewhere on this Forum. $10 Background checks! How cool is that?

Transfers in SW Washington $10.00
Anyone from this website who has his or her conceal carry permit will receive a transfer for $10.00 for any sale of firearm to any local buyer . this also includes Oregon buyer sellers as well
[email protected]
If you don't have your carry permit it's slightly more on handgun transactions

That is certainly a personal choice. I594 is a remarkably ineffective piece of legislation.
However, for those like me, that chose to comply, this guy offers the cheapest way to stay inside the law.
As I understand it 2016 is the soonest we can get this dog repealed and I intend to buy and probably sell a couple guns between now and then. ;)

As I understand the law, the State of WA will collect a use tax for every transfer but will do so at a later date. Not sure if buyer or seller pays, or both.

the way I understand it not for person to person in State transfer ,
Now if you get it from someone or place outside Washington yes sales will be collected

Washington Department of Revenue has issued the following regarding "use" tax and private sales.

Attachments

• Tax notice I594.pdf
    458.8 KB · Views: 138
Pretty straightforward if you ask me....

Didnt mean to hijack the thread here with the tax info. If this contact is doing these transfers for $10 anyone that uses him should thank him for the service without a doubt. For the time involved and liability you might as well call it free. That is providing a great service...

I read that also if it comes from a out of state private person all is good. But I also read something that to me changed that? Hell could be me who knows...

As I understand the law, the State of WA will collect a use tax for every transfer but will do so at a later date. Not sure if buyer or seller pays, or both.
upload_2014-12-24_7-49-14.png

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top