JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is a rarity that you see a used 10/22 listed for under retail, why that is beats the heck outta me....
You can still get new ones on sale right at the $200 mark FWTW.

What is a fair price for a bone stock basic 10-22? In good shape
100-200

Keep in mind brand new is right about at 200 still.

However, value holds for older models with aluminum trigger housings. It's just a personal thing, but some see those as more valuable than the newer all plastic trigger housings. Some may pay more for that, others won't.

I paid $180 for mine through Cabelas, but off a deal that Sportsman's was running (Yay match pricing).

Bone stock basic 10-22 with a grey plastic stock. (Ruger 10/22 Carbine Black/Gray Semi Automatic Rifle - 22 Long Rifle - Item# 1538005)

Looks like they're 230 now but they do go on sale often enough. Cabelas also takes 10% off for a military/veteran/Leo discount and ... there are a good bit of those in the gun community.

My opinion is that most people either buy a 10-22 as the base for a project gun (like me) so they want it as cheap as possible. Others buy it to give to a kid to start learning to shoot and will spend a bit more for the right gun, like my green machine (WTS OR - Ruger 1022 and CZ 452) that ended up being purchased as a first gun for a boy.

Also bear in mind that the big boxes will charge $10 for a background check. You'll pay that plus a transfer fee at an FFL. A buyer is always going to factor this into the price if they're on the hook for it.

You're at a good time of year for listing it closer to $200 - income tax returns should be coming in but you can bet that President's Day sales are coming. After that, you have a competition sales gap until Memorial Day.

Good luck!

Secondary market, I wouldnt pay over $150 if it's in tip top shape.

New ones are like gold right now though. I wanted to buy one to build up a light weight suppressor host and I couldn't find one for under $220.

I wish @LuckySG wasn't so far away, he had some great deals on some basic ones with upgraded triggers.

If I can walk out of Bi-mart with a new 10/22 for $210.00 there is no way I would buy a used one for $20.00 less, I paid $60.00 for the last used one I bought the guy needed money and I matched what a pawn shop would give him. I say pick a price and be open to offers.

I am looking to buy , i have not owned one in years. Thanks for all the information, for 200 or so new I might as well buy new
Keep an eye on the classifieds here. I literally bought one this weekend for $100 off a member here.

Don't forget. That if you're buying your 10-22 in WA....you'll owe more money to do the transfer. Because, it's a semi-automatic "assault weapon/rifle". Isn't that nice? Are you feeling it? Oh...... so, SAFE.

Aloha, Mark

Locally, and during the last couple 'o years, I've been getting 10/22 rifles at regional gunshows for $200.00, or I walk. I look for rifles from the early 90's, only because those have anodized receivers, aluminum trigger bodies and aluminum accoutrements.
Too much plastic involved with the current versions and the painted receivers are just not for an old fart like me who likes walnut and blued steel firearms.
I've picked up a few of the 10/22 receivers on net auction sites, that have some slight "scarring" from a poor job of removing optics base plug screws, but during assembly, all has gone well with those.

last year all the newer ones were being made with 8 pound triggers :( proven to me by the local bimart gun guy. so unless that has changed, be prepared for a trigger upgrade from the getgo

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top