JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this is happening with steel lipped BC mags,BX 25 mags too. so far it has not done it with factory 10 rounder.

one fellas guess is the recoil spring has weakened over time,and the bolt is slamming rearward a tad too hard,causing the tab to flip up and hold the bolt open.
the carbine is about 18 years old,i'm second owner.

a friend is going to bring me a new take-off spring assy he has,since it will be art the speed steel match I SURE HOPE IT FIXES IT. Otherwise it's gonna be a loooong match.

I'm open to thoughts on this one.

I will clean up the trigger group this morning and go run some more mag tests .

ok,ran more tests,problem is not going away and is a bait worse if anything. :(
a friend who 'does' rugers is sending me a part,by thursday I"ll have it going again.. or not. aarrrrrgh !

first thing i would check is the hold open lever spring. It could be broken or may have come off the arm that is on the hold open lever or not properly installed under the pin on top section of the trigger group.

fixed it . :)
replaced the home-grown modded plate with a factory one a bud sent me,from rimfire tech. works great ! nice cheap fix..the best kind
btw,I left the old spring in just to see if it was ok,and it seems to be.I'll hang onto the new one 'just in case'

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top