JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love the Ruger 10/22. If feels good. It shoots well. I like reloading it better them a lot of other 22's. It straps to the handlebars of various motorcycls I have had very easily.
It doesz have a slightly shorter barrel which many people don't shoot well.
In short it is a fun gun to shoot. that is why it is so popular.

Wal-Mart has a great exclusive 10/22 with a 22 inch stainless steel barrel with a matte finish and a nice checkered wood stock. I bought one a while ago for a couple hundred dollars. It is great. Very easy to shoot and very accurate (I don't know why everyone knocks its accuracy). Perhaps it's because I have the longer barrel. I think the more common barrel is 18 inches.

I've put a few thousand rounds through it and have never had a problem. I think it is a very good dependable weapon. Mine is stock too. I haven't felt the need to add anything. But, I appreciate the fact that there are so many options available.

That's my two cents for what it's worth.

Like many of you I don't understand the love affair with the 10/22. I have one but would much rather shoot my marlins. I have a 39a made in the early 50's and it shoots like a charm, I also have a 39c (short barrel) and it shoots almost as good as the 39a. The marlins are very durable and solid, for fun shooting they are great....................................

have fun and shoot straight, :s0155:

otoe

Wal-Mart has a great exclusive 10/22 with a 22 inch stainless steel barrel with a matte finish and a nice checkered wood stock. I bought one a while ago for a couple hundred dollars. It is great. Very easy to shoot and very accurate (I don't know why everyone knocks its accuracy). Perhaps it's because I have the longer barrel. I think the more common barrel is 18 inches.

I've put a few thousand rounds through it and have never had a problem. I think it is a very good dependable weapon. Mine is stock too. I haven't felt the need to add anything. But, I appreciate the fact that there are so many options available.

That's my two cents for what it's worth.

walmart doesnt sell guns in oregon anymore it seems like just air rifles same with fred meyers but in alaska they do.

Ive shot thousands of rounds through mine. An aftermarket ATI stock is the only upgrade I have and bipods. I can shoot 1" groups at 50Yds with a 3-9x40 Bushnell scope all day!!!:gun14:

I have a 10-22 and I think it is accurate. it shoots as good as I do. I shoot greydiggers from my deck. I kill them from 10 to 70 yds. About 50% misses and distance make much difference on the misses.

Smartest thing Ruger ever did was make the 10/22's barrel threaded. Opened up a whole world of add-ons and expansion gear. The 10/22 is the original modular toy.

As for accuracy, sure, a Ruger 10/22 with a Kidd trigger ($300), Shilen barrel ($230) and a good shooter with match ammo will turn near-one-hole cloverleafs at 50Y and sub-MOA at 100Y.

Then again, you can achieve probably 80% of that performance with a stock factory Savage Mark 2 (Accutrigger, match barrel) for $300.

Doesn't mean the 10/22 isn't fun ;-)

Though personally I find the 10/22 a little bit of a disappointment in that it is such a crappy gun as it comes from the factory. Awful trigger, mediocre barrel. I'd say either you buy a 10/22 with the idea of building it up, or you buy something else.

I got a 10/22 when I was 10. It was my first gun and I hope to pass it on to my kids. But if there was no sentimental value I would have sold it a while ago. It's a fun way to waste ammo, and it's very easy to maintain, but my Mossberg 46Bb is so much more accurate. I do admit that I have a lot of fun loading up a 25rd hot lips magazine and shooting as fast as I can at my homemade dueling tree.

One thing I don't understand are the guys that dump tons of money into 10/22's. They are fun plinkers, but you can get factory .22lr's (like my 46Bb) for $100 that are actually made to be accurate.

No Walmart firearms sales in Oregon...? The one in St. Helens still does.

Anyone see that MG-42 drop-in stock for the 10-22? That looks pretty neat.

Regarding accuracy...the stock sight radius is very short, much more so than say my old H&R .22. Adding a Techsights TS1 added several inches to the radius and brought my 10-shot groups down to 4MOA, which is pretty good for open sights and aging eyes.

Keith

I bought my 10/22 because i wanted an accurate semi auto 22lr to play with. And develop some gunsmithing skills like action bedding. Mine is a special edition with a ruger branded fajen legacy stock and 10/22 target barrel and trigger. I bought it for $325. And it was quite accurate for a semi auto. And it just keeps getting better and better. Soon i'll send my barrel and bolt out and get them reworked and i should finally get to my goal of 1/4" 5 shot groups at 50 yards. Then i think i'll rework the stock and duracoat it. Here's my toy. as she sits now.

IMAG0125.jpg

And somebody asked about the most reliable mag earlier. It's got to be the Tactical Innovations 25 rounders. They have composite and billet aluminum versions. They are fully adjustable and come apart for easy cleaning. And at $40 for the composite, a pretty good deal for what you get.

I think the reason most people like them is for the the many and many add ons you can get. I had a Marlin that I loved but only had 10 round mags, I hated that. I love that you can get 25 rounders with the 10/22

I love my old pump action 22lr. It's super accurate. I used to shoot golf balls at 50 yards. It's an old one looks like the winchester. I bought it when I was 10 years old and still shoots like a dream

I'm on my 3rd 10/22. My first one (a standard 10/22) would shoot 3/4" 50 yard groups with the factory barrel. Sadly I sold it after a divorce to pay some bills. The second functioned as flawlesly as the first but wasn't as accurate. The one I have now was never fired with it's factory barrel. It has a Hogue stock and Butler Creek varmint barrel. I replaced the hammer and sear and added an extended mag release. I regularly shoot sub MOA with it and have on occasion shot groups like the one below at 50 yards (ten shots). This was while using Federal Automatch ammo which I can't seem to find anymore. My rifle loves that stuff.

10-22group.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads