Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

10/22 see thru rings w/ ruger weaver base sight options???

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Anoobie Knewberton 47, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Anoobie Knewberton 47

Anoobie Knewberton 47 Oregon Member

I'm sure others have run into this issue, so I hope there's an answer out there. For the past year I have had see thru rings w/ no base on my 10/22 and have enjoyed the ability to use scope or sights. The only problem is now I want to be able to switch between a red dot (that will end up on my mini, but I want to play w/ first on 10/22) and a scope. So I took off the scope and rings I was using (scope had to be removed from rings to remove rings from rifle), and put the weaver base that came w/ 10/22. The issue is I can no longe see sights over base.

Are there taller sights for 10/22 to make sights viewable w/ base?

2. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

How about sights that you can see through your red dot? Check out Tech-sights. They are a military style peep that is highter then the factory sights. http://www.tech-sights.com/ Cut your base in half and use the front piece to hold the red dot.

3. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

4. jhc5

jhc5 Seattle, WA Member

5. Anoobie Knewberton 47

Anoobie Knewberton 47 Oregon Member

Thanks for all your responses!!!

the4thshake: Those might work. I'll have to check them out.

pinkhamr: Those are about the same as the ones I was planning to use. Problem is w/ the base on you can't even see over the base even before putting the rings on.

jhc5: Those are like the ones I'm replacing. Worked well, but you have to remove the scope from the rings to remove rings. Not ideal when switching between 1" and 30mm scopes.

6. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like a cheekpad may help ... ???