JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did the pretty much the same SBR as yours, only I havn't noticed any movement with mine. Otherwise I might have considered it,,, ;)

Great little guns,,,

View attachment 225983

100% agree! Most fun I've ever had with one. I like your paint job, it got me to thinking I may take mine to be Cerakoted by my guy (when I have other stuff to be done too, I get discounts) he's local and runs GH Coatings and I HIGHLY recommend him for any Cerakote jobs you may consider. More than I can say about him here, but suffice it to say he's the only guy I use, period.

So how is it you have no play? You can't move the receiver up or down by pushing on the top of receiver or bottom of trigger guard? I'm guessing your barrel fits in your stock? Not "FF'ing" (as in removing the stock material under the barrel so it doesn't touch)? Maybe a six inch barrel that touches the stock is enough for that one screw to lock it down. Or does yours maybe have a tang molded into the back? Can you remove your action straight up and out, or are you required to pull the barrel up first, then pull the action out?

If you can pull it straight out, you don't have a tang and could be susceptible to movement, though maybe it's minor or even insignificant.

And for those of you that DO have these Butler Creek stocks that have play, I have the fix for a great price and it's totally safe. Just let me know! I'd love to do another one, and trust me, if it didn't come out as planned or better, I wouldn't offer it. I wish someone had this fix for me for $15 plus shipping.

I thought someone would be interested. Come on, it's not a Billy Bob fix, it's permanent, adjustable and done professionally. It's the best fix short of bedding the action, which will still require a tang of sorts to be installed.

I have no movement now and I get single ragged hole ten round groups with a 4"bbl. and can at up to 25y.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top