JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Title says it all - Looking for recommendations on scopes for my Ruger 10/22. Right now I have a leatherwood CMR on it and the eyebox is just a bit smaller than I want.

Wants:

- 3x scope magnification. Will consider higher but I don't want it to be variable
- Eyebox has to be fantastic.
- Circle and dot reticle. May consider others but I like the simplicity of the circle and dot.
- Would be nice if it was illuminated but doesn't have to be.
- Looks decent
- Built well and has a great warranty
- Less than $250

Any ideas?

I don't think I've ever seen anything that fits all the criteria you've listed. The only fixed ~3 power scopes with anything like a circle/dot reticle I know of that are near your asking price are the Primary Arms SLx optics, but those are closer to $300 than $250 unless you catch a sale.

Moving up to either 4x fixed or settling for variable magnification optics will open up a lot more options in your price range, but then you'll likely run into the trouble of not finding much with your desired reticle style.

That all being said, there may be something out there that fits all your criteria that I just haven't seen or heard of yet.

Good luck with your search!

No experience with any of those. Some are intriguing.

Here is another to consider that's just slightly above your price range. It's a well reviewed prismatic with a reputation for ruggedness.

Here is what I went with:

Not sure why it's listed as a "Shotgun scope" but the Military Arms Channel did a review on it back in Mar 6, 2012 :D

I think maybe a shotgun because of the simple dot reticle and maybe considered rugged enough for a shotgun? Looks like a great choice!

Something else I ran across is this fixed 6x scope with an ACSS reticle designed for a 22LR for $120. They have examples on the web site for gauging distances based on rabbits, squirrels, and even long necks LOL. I think there might be one in my future:

1599147020788.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads