JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay so I got in a little carried away cleaning my 10/22 and I took the trigger assembly apart. I followed YouTube and put it all back together and everything seemed to work as expected.

I took it to the range and loaded up some CCI mini mags. First 5 rounds went click without any bang. There were very minor indents on the shells like the firing pin wasn't hitting hard enough or off to one side.

I field stripped the rifle, reseated the hammer spring and put everything back together and shot 50 flawless rounds.

Ran a bore snake through it and put the rifle away. Next time I went to shoot the rifle I was having 1 in 5 rounds failing. Same deal. Small indent on the primer but not enough to ignite the round. After 50 rounds or so at 20% FTF I got back up to 100% going bang.

Next day started FTF's again. Not nearly as many (10% for 30 rounds?) but still several clicks until it 'warmed up'.

This rifle was new in Oct and has about 750 rounds through it to date.

Any guess on what I need to adjust, lube or fix?

Thanks,

Make sure you barrel is not loose. I have had this happen and can be a headache. When the barrel comes loose not only will the rifle have function issues it also does not like to extract. Make sure the barrel is tight and that the extractor is matching up with the recess in the barrel.
Just a thought and hint on troubles I have had.
Hope it helps.

Make sure you barrel is not loose. I have had this happen and can be a headache. When the barrel comes loose not only will the rifle have function issues it also does not like to extract. Make sure the barrel is tight and that the extractor is matching up with the recess in the barrel.
Just a thought and hint on troubles I have had.
Hope it helps.

Tacticalinsertion7923 is spot on, these are the first things I would look at. If those don't seem to be the problem, check the hammer return spring retainer clip. This clip is a "C" shape & the open end needs to be up.

Let us know what you find out.

Clean your firing pin. There is a spring under there too. The hammer hits the firing pin, the firing pin hits the primer. Light primer strikes are either headspace problems or firing pin problems. If your barrel is tight and has worked good in the past, and you have it back together right, I would clean my firing pin.

Clean your firing pin. There is a spring under there too. The hammer hits the firing pin, the firing pin hits the primer. Light primer strikes are either headspace problems or firing pin problems. If your barrel is tight and has worked good in the past, and you have it back together right, I would clean my firing pin.

Thanks guys. The barrel looks tight but when I took the bolt apart the firing pin was NASTY :eek:. Looked like copper deposits of some sort. I cleaned it out really good and it seems to move smoothly now :cool:

I'm not sure when I'll get over to the range to try it out but I have high expectations that it's fixed now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top