JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
372D866F-55D4-4456-92BC-35AFE7A0F51F.jpeg (Custom stock from LuckShotWoodStocks)

Hey everyone.
Long story short, I've been on the hunt for a good stock for a 10/22, but never found one that fit the bill for my fiancé's out-of-this-world pickiness. If any of you have gotten your wives/husbands/gfs/bfs/etc into shooting, you know this one is something you'll work on to make sure they enjoy it like you do. My fiancé likes wood, likes a pistol grip, has smaller hands, wants a shorter hand guard to avoid the extra weight of the wood while shooting, and the list of stipulations goes on and on. With the right amount of money and time, you can find anything you want, but the trick is not spending a million dollars or having to wait forever. I've looked up wood workers, googled every key name I could think of, did a lot of searching locally and out of state, and searched gun forums. Eventually, I stumbled across the Etsy profile of a man named Rick, who works under the title, LuckShotWoodStocks, out of Cottage Grove, MN. I'm not sure if he's well known by any of you, but I was unaware of this hidden gem. He offers stocks for a few different model rifles, SKS, Mosin, a few others, but most importantly, 10/22. He offered cherry or walnut, the stain of my choice. To top it off, he was more than happy to create the design that I was looking for with great communication and efficiency. I sent him a picture of an m1e2 stock, as a VERY rough guide, and asked him to make something similar and be creative. I wasn't looking for a clone, simply using it as a guide for something that I felt nicely fit the look I was going for as well. It only took a little over a month, from the time I placed my custom order to the time it arrived on my doorstep. This guy absolutely nailed it, and I couldn't be happier with the product. The inletting was done great, and it pairs to the receiver with a nice, tight fit. I'm not 5k or 10k rounds in with this stock yet, but so far, it holds up great to a few hundred rounds (not that I'd imagine a 22 to be a major problem with its wicked recoil) The stock was done with quality attention to detail and I'm thoroughly pleased. This has now made the 10/22 her favorite plinker, forever. I'm going to be messaging him soon to order another with slight differences to put in the back of the closet, since I will most likely never be able to find someone like him, and for his prices again. Stock carving is a really rare art, nowadays... even more rare to find one that's done well and at a fair price. I'm not normally one for reviewing ANYTHING, and this is actually my first review on a product that I've purchased yet, but this is very deserved. The search for good stuff without breaking the bank is a struggle for a lot of us!
After taxes, my total came in under $120, I can say that I've spent far more for far less.

Here's a link to what he offers on Etsy!

Last Edited:
Always neat to get what you want with a custom job.
Carving a stock is a lot of work....to do one for yourself is tough at times....to make one for a customer and keep 'em happy is quite another thing....:D
Nice stock and a nice price for sure.
Andy

If there's ONE rifle that anyone might consider for ownership, I'd recommend that one should at least L@@K into the Ruger 10/22 platform.
These rifles have been copied, emulated, altered, modified, and have had even more "face-lifts" than Nancy Pelosi.

When I go to gunshows I normally peruse the tables for those 10/22's from the early 90's vintage. Not because those are "magical" it's just the era I like as most had walnut stocks and true black anodized finishes, along with metal trigger packages. I just prefer those.
When I get involved with a 10/22, I'm not actually "building" anything, I'm assembling parts that I want to incorporate into a shooter, if only to see how well it will perform:

3hGrqcNl.jpg

This rifle was assembled basically, from ALL KIDD parts. The barrel was a "shrink fit" into the receiver, and very few other parts actually needed 'hard fitting' attention. It is a real shooter and plans involve doing some 100 yard testing for groups.

This is another 10/22 assembled with another specific intent. srAwZM5m.jpg Quietness. A Volquartsen "Firefly" bolt is used to handle CCI Quiet ammunition with cycling, a threaded Fedderson barrel for accuracy and to be a host for a suppressor:

sCIt0RXl.jpg

Shooting this rifle only has the annoying "click" of metal when the bolt hits the breech face upon return.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top