JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently bought a Shooters Ridge 50 rd 10/22 clip. Took it to the range and it performed badly. I was very surprised considering I own 2 25 rd clips that perform great. Any thoughts on how I can make it stop jamming or just consider it a loss...

Magazines........

10/22 magazines vary in levels of reliability. Try the steel lips mags or one of the more expensive adjustable ones. Personaly, I stick with the factory rotory mag. It is reliable and easy to reload.

I stick with the Butler Creek Steel Lips MAGAZINES and the factory 10 rounders.

The Tacsol one's are supposed to be nice too, but I'm not paying $50+ for a mag.

And, to continue:

ClipMagazineLesson.jpg

:s0155:

I agree with bnr32gtr. I own both the Butler Creek 25 rnd. plastic and steel lips. Though I have not worn out the plastic lip ones, they do not have the greatest rep. for reliability.

Simple definition even I can understand: Magazines have springs...clips do not. Clips are designed to charge (not feed) a magazine. We charge magazines and load chambers (Military Artilliary vernacular which is also used in small arms nomenclature).

Regarding 10/22 Magazines...call the NW experts on 10/22's and a manufacturer of 10/22 accessories and that is Rich's Gun Shop in Donald. Makers of the 10/22 Laser Stock and Commando Handle and other 10/22 accessories which are sold thru Brownell's and MidwayUSA (or at least they used too). I don't have their phone number handy but go the Links page on OFA's website and it will be found there. They stock many different magazines and since they shoot a LOT of 10/22's themselves they'll steer you into the best magazines.

I've worn out some Ramline 25 rounders after years of use. Just bought some Butler Creek with steel lips.

In general, you get what you pay for. I'm honestly just skeptical of mags that go over 30 rounds anyway...seems like you're asking a lot from those springs. (Unless its a drum set-up).

Good luck.

...Any thoughts on how I can make it stop jamming or just consider it a loss...

Honestly, get rid of the 10/22 and get a dedicated .22lr AR or at least a .22 conversion kit.

I sold my 10/22 this year after dumping lots of money in upgrades and magazines trying to get the darn thing to run without jamming.I finally got tired of it and sold it off and built myself a dedicated .22lr AR....haven't looked back since.

If I ever buy another ruger rim-fire rifle it will be a 77/22.

...and yes I cleaned it meticulously after each range trip.

Tactical Inc simply makes the best magazines ever made for the 10/22. Period.

<broken link removed>

They go on sale occasionally for reasonable prices.

They can be separated to replace lips, springs, and be cleaned. The adjusting screws are adjusted to mate to the receiver of your gun.

I bought 4 of these and in no way regret the purchase.

Put me down as another vote FOR the factory 10 rounders! I was having constant FTF, FTE issues with some old plastic-lip RAM mags and they disappeared entirely when I went back to the factory 10 rounders.

I haven't tried the larger steel-lip mags for my 10/22 since then... probably because I tend to favor my GRG-5 for the larger capacity "fun" shooting.

wow did I get blown up for the clip thing, sorry, anyway thanks for the help, contacted the manufacture and they are going to replace it with 2 25 rd MAGAZINES.... have had no issues with them. Thanks again for the links and info...:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top