JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of a place that will thread my stainless 10/22 barrel and reattach the front sight when they're done? My 10/22 is set up as a Liberty Training Rifle with Tech Sights, I'd like to use it as a suppressor host while retaining my current setup.

https://sites.google.com/site/quesplace/que-barrel-work

Que is doing a blue one for me. Mailed him a check today. Best price I found - includes moving the front sight back and cutting the barrel to 16". Great raves from satisfied customers on similar chatboards, so I picked him.

If you're not in a hurry I can give you a report on mine in 2-3 weeks.

No hurry at all, Form 4 isn't going in for another two weeks. I look forward to your report Teflon, thanks!

Go to Ole's and talk to Kevin. I had him thread my factory barrel. Kevin moved the front sight back. i don't recall the price for the work, but I remember that it seemed like a good deal.

The barrel is cut back at the chamber end a tiny amount and a new chamber is reamed, usually a match or semi match chamber. Which is tighter and more accurate, but can increase the chance of malfunction with some cheap ammo. If a factory barrel is rechambered and recrowned, they're often times as accurate as an aftermarket barrel.

The barrel is cut back at the chamber end a tiny amount and a new chamber is reamed, usually a match or semi match chamber. Which is tighter and more accurate, but can increase the chance of malfunction with some cheap ammo. If a factory barrel is rechambered and recrowned, they're often times as accurate as an aftermarket barrel.

Gotcha, thanks. I think I'll keep the low-buck plinking ability for this gun.

Teflon, I was looking at Que's page and noticed he mentioned "rechambering". What exactly does that entail and why would a person have it performed?

I asked Que about rechambering specifically. He described a process about like Hondakilla does above. Said it won't shoot Stingers, but everything else works. Rechambered barrels reportedly shoot slightly tighter groups with most ammo. But I've always been pretty happy with my accuracy, so I passed on that option.

Another reason I went with Que was he sold me a barely used barrel with both sights on it, did the threading, scooted the front site back and sent me a finished product for $115. My original is set aside in the gun room should I ever want a totally stock 10/22 again.

I asked Que about rechambering specifically. He described a process about like Hondakilla does above. Said it won't shoot Stingers, but everything else works. Rechambered barrels reportedly shoot slightly tighter groups with most ammo. But I've always been pretty happy with my accuracy, so I passed on that option.

Another reason I went with Que was he sold me a barely used barrel with both sights on it, did the threading, scooted the front site back and sent me a finished product for $115. My original is set aside in the gun room should I ever want a totally stock 10/22 again.
---UPDATE---

Came home yesterday and the new/used barrel with iron sights was here!

- The work was $85 and the barrel was $30. Total $115 shipped.
- Que's barrel was just like mine. Beautiful bore and better finish.
- Original barrel is 18.5". Shortened, threaded barrel with the front sight slid back is 16.25".
- Taking my time, the swap (and cleaning my dirty gun) took 30-45 minutes.
- Zeroed the iron sights an hour ago and it shoots (unmuffled) identically to my original.
- Groups at 50' are just as tight with the Spectre II silencer, but an inch low.
- Rifle firing is "finger-snap" quiet, but HV ammo in-flight makes a pronounced sonic crack indoors.
- Will re-test in a couple days with SV ammo, hopefully staying subsonic like my pistol.

Que does not include a threaded protective cap but gave me a link for this one:
Diversified Innovative Products - Product Detail - 1/2"-28 Thread Protector - $11.97

More to come here once I try it with slower ammo. Maybe I'll have to buy sub-sonic. Will also re-mount my scope and figure out mental adjustments with mil-dots to compensate for slightly displaced groups with the silencer.

Bottom line? Que delivers exactly what he promises. I put his link above in post #2. Consider this an endorsement.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top